Jambands.ca

Metal Tour Announced (Ollie content)

Northern Wish

SLAYER, MEGADETH ANNOUNCE NEW, CONFIRMED SCHEDULE FOR

AMERICAN CARNAGE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

Slayer

Slayer and Megadeth are thrilled to announce confirmed routing for the American Carnage North American Tour, which will commence with the rescheduled Canadian Carnage East dates in Quebec City on Friday, July 23.

The American Carnage Tour, originally scheduled to take place in January and February, had to be put on hold due to Slayer's vocalist/bassist, Tom Araya's ongoing, minimally-invasive treatments for what was diagnosed as a Cervical Radiculopathy, an occupational hazard for the rocker who is known for aggressively swinging his long mane of hair while performing. Right after the first of the year, Araya made the difficult decision to undergo a surgical procedure, called an Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion, a relatively routine practice with an excellent recovery rate. That surgery took place early last week.

"The doctors said that Tom's surgery went very smoothly and was a resounding success," said Rick Sales, long-time Slayer manager. "He's home now, doing really well, and he said the numbness in his fingers had already diminished considerably."

Shortly after the surgery, Slayer's Kerry King received a text from Tom: "Awake and feeling good, actually whatever he did, it feels better."

The American Carnage Tour will mark the first time that Slayer, Megadeth and Testament will have toured the U.S. together since 1991's epic Clash of the Titans tour, making this truly a "must-see" event.

Slayer recently announced the rescheduling of its headline tour in the U.K. and Europe, and Megadeth and Testament are currently on tour together playing U.S. cities that will not be on the American Carnage itinerary.

Slayer/Megadeth/Testament American Carnage North American Tour Dates

07/23/10 Fri Pavillon de la Jeunesse Saint-Hyacinthe, QC

07/24/10 Sat Parc Jean-Drapeau Montreal, QC

07/26/10 Mon Halifax Metro Centre Halifax, NS

07/27/10 Tue Moncton Coliseum Moncton, NB

07/29/10 Thu Molson Amphitheatre Toronto, ON

07/30/10 Fri John Labatt Centre London, ON

08/11/10 Wed Glens Falls Civic Center Glens Falls, NY

08/12/10 Thu IZOD Center East Rutherford, NJ

08/14/10 Sat Paul Tsongas Arena Lowell, MA

08/15/10 Sun Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ

08/16/10 Mon Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre Wallingford, CT

08/18/10 Wed Time Warner Cable Amphitheater at Tower City Cleveland, OH

08/19/10 Thu Joe Louis Arena Detroit, MI

08/20/10 Fri UIC Pavilion Chicago, IL

08/21/10 Sat Roy Wilkins Auditorium St. Paul, MN

08/23/10 Mon Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone Bonner Springs, KS

08/25/10 Wed Magness Arena Denver, CO

08/26/10 Thu Tingley Coliseum Albuquerque, NM

08/27/10 Fri Dodge Theatre Phoenix, AZ

08/29/10 Sun Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre Chula Vista, CA

08/30/10 Mon Long Beach Arena Long Beach, CA

08/31/10 Tue Cow Palace Daly City, CA

09/01/10 Wed Arco Arena Sacramento, CA

09/03/10 Fri WaMu Theatre Seattle, WA

09/04/10 Sat Washington County Fair & Rodeo Hillsboro, OR

I'm there!

Slayer, Testament, Mastodon, Anvil, Fear Factory, and Kataklysm? All on the Saturday? Count me in.

Don't much care about Alice Cooper, Megadeth, Korn, Hatebreed, or FFDP, but hey, last time I wasn't super-stoked for Warrant, and that kicked my asss.

Buying tix Saturday!!!

ps Here's hoping for the Sonicsphere West idea to come true, with the addition of Metallica and Anthrax.

I can't imagine how hardcore that Moncton show will be..... Small arena, huge metalhead contingent in town.

I had the exact same thought. Moncton has to have just about the highest metalheads per capita in Canada (at least it certainly does out of all the cities I've spent time in). Should be a wild night.

Decent lineup, seen lots of them. Some repeats from last time.

Cradle of Filth would have been nice.

Annihilator would have been great, but I believe they'll be touring Europe/Asia this summer. Ottawa's born-and-raised Jeff Waters is God on guitar.

Arch Enemy with Angela Gossow kicks ass, but they were in Montreal a few weeks ago.

Children of Bodom brought it when they were last in Montreal last September.

Still plan on being there.

• 4 months later...

If anyone else, other than ollie and CosmicChrisC are gonna be doing Heavy MTL this weekend, we're meeting up for a bit at the soundboard at the end of Skeletonwitch's set.

If yer there, you should totally make certain to see Skeletonwitch. And, if yer watching Skeletonwitch, look for me, in a blue Chelsea baseball cap and a Belphegor tshirt that says "Deadfvcked to Pieces" across the back.

:content:

Otherwise, have a lovely weekend, the lot of you.