Jambands.ca

Roger Waters Fall 2010 Wall Tour... Opens in Toronto!

TheAlphaNerd

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ottawa=no

Montreal=yes

Two things: This may turn out to be one of the hardest tickets to get this year, unless my excitement in no way reflects the public's interest in this tour, this is gonna be a highly anticipated show.

Also, this pre-sale lottery is an excellent way of instilling a sense of urgency. Just like e-bay, people that buy these tickets will feel like they won them, or at least that's how it will be described by many.

Also, this pre-sale lottery is an excellent way of instilling a sense of urgency. Just like e-bay, people that buy these tickets will feel like they won them, or at least that's how it will be described by many.

It's a pain in the ass is what it is. I suppose he's trying to throw scalpers off the scent of the trail but I don't think it's worth the hassle. I'd rather compete with the scalpers that jump through Roger's hoops.

Toronto - no

Ottawa - no

Montreal - no

Not a big deal for me, personally my focus is on getting Black Crows tickets for Massey Hall.

I'm confident I'll be able to round up a Waters ticket closer to the show, even if it cost a bit more then face.

So there were two choices: a pair on the floor for about $500, or a pair in the lower bowl for about $290. I went for the lower priced pair 'cuz I couldn't justify the higher price... anyhow, I'm stoked to be going to this, but they still haven't told me what seats I got!! ...a little bullshitty, but oh well. It's Roger Waters!! :)

I do know, Sec 106 or 121, rows 2 - 24... kinda in the corner, hopefully closer to the floor.

I wonder how I would fare in the public onsale next week (?)

Congrats! Just knowing that you're in is the most important. I'd go for the $290 pair myself. This is such a spectacle that being right up front and close will loose some of its massiveness ;)

Those are the same prices and locations that they are offering for the Montreal date too.

Gotta get in on the public sale for Toronto now ... come on ... daddy needs to see The Wall :D :D :D

The Montreal presale stuff is tomorrow at 10am, how do you know what tix will be available?

Because I got a link in the draw to be able to get tix. There was nothing at the link yesterday, but now it has up a bit of info. Here's what it has:

Roger Waters: The Wall Live - Bell Centre - Montreal, QC - October 19, 2010

Roger Waters: The Wall Live - Bell Centre - Montreal, QC - October 19, 2010

ticket.jpg

Pickup.gif

Presale begins Thursday, May 6 at 10:00 am EDT.

P1)FLOORS - ROW A-MM

Our Price: $555.00 CAD

Includes the following charges:

* Base Price: $510.00 CAD

* RogerWaters.com Service Charge: $25.00 CAD

* Transaction Fee: $20.00 CAD

P2) SEC 101-124 Rows AA-S

Presale begins Thursday, May 6 at 10:00 am EDT.

Our Price: $295.00 CAD

* Base Price: $260.00 CAD

* Transaction Fee: $10.00 CAD

Tickets will be available for pick up at the venue on the night of the show. Please note that these tickets cannot be mailed to you and are non-transferable.

RogerWaters.com is selling PAIRS of tickets only. The prices above are for TWO tickets.

CAD PRICE PER TICKET (P1):

Base Ticket Price: $255.00

RogerWaters.com Service Charge: $12.50

Transaction Fee: $10.00

CAD PRICE PER TICKET (P2):

Base Ticket Price: $130.00

RogerWaters.com Service Charge: $12.50

Transaction Fee: $5.00

* Artist: Roger Waters

* Tour: The Wall Live

* Venue: Bell Centre

* Doors Open: 7:00 pm

* Show Time: 8:00 pm PROMPT

* Event Date: 10/19/2010

* Age Limit: All Ages

* Ticket Limit: 2 Per Order

Your Tickets Will Be Available for Pick Up at the Venue

Tickets for this event are to be picked up at the venue THE DAY OF THE SHOW ONLY. Box office rules and hours may vary. In order to pick up your tickets, you may be required to present the following:

* Your valid photo ID, driver's license or passport. A valid ID must be duly issued by a government agency and include a photo and a signature.

* Your credit card with which you purchased the tickets, for secondary verification.

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. The venue will not release tickets if the name on the ID and credit card does not match the name used to purchase the tickets from RogerWaters.com or if the photo ID does not appear to be the photo of the person retrieving the tickets.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not contact the venue regarding tickets you purchased through RogerWaters.com. Contact us directly if you have questions.

Am I the only one that finds this insane? The Roger fee is worse than Ticketmaster.

I'm sure it will be an awesome show but fuck me if I'm not going to feel like a rube sitting there, drinking $10 beers taboot!

Considering skipping this one now.

Am I the only one that finds this insane? The Roger fee is worse than Ticketmaster.

I'm sure it will be an awesome show but fuck me if I'm not going to feel like a rube sitting there, drinking $10 beers taboot!

Considering skipping this one now.

I agree 100%, those fees are crazy. I'm not at all upset about not getting in on presale. I've seen Roger in the past and it was great, and I know it's 'The Wall' this time around but $300 for a single...not for me.

Then again, who knows...when CSNY played Toronto we scored 15th row floors for $80 a piece 10 minutes after the show started from a scalper and those tix went for $225-250.

FYI, there's a dude on PT that works for TM. He claims that 50-75% of the "convenience charge" also goes back to the promoter.

My only experience with those type of numbers was when we had Little Feat come to Hamilton and I got to see the actual numbers the venue & TM got from the sale of tickets (including service fees) compared to the promoters and it certainly wasn't 50% of the fees. Of course it wasn't on the same scale as Waters either, so I couldn't say otherwise.

Not trashing the band, venue or TM to be honest, but it doesn't really change the fact I feel the service fees are too high for what they actually cover.

I opted out too. Partially cause my hectic morning didn't allow for much though to be put towards this, but the prices are way high...for my budget right now.

Will likely try general onsale and see what shakes out. I agree with what was said earlier...for this production, being in the first few rows is not necessarily ideal. You would lose out on the big-picture feel.

I wonder if Roger gets a chub when he plays this one nowadays.

Come in here, Dear boy, have a cigar.

You're gonna go far,

You're gonna fly high,

You're never gonna die,

You're gonna make it, if you try;

They're gonna love you.

Well I've always had a deep respect,

And I mean that most sincere.

The band is just fantastic,

that is really what I think.

Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?

We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

We're just knocked out.

We heard about the sell-out.

You gotta get an album out.

You owe it to the people.

We're so happy we can hardly count.

Everybody else is just green,

Have you seen the chart?

It's a hell of a start,

It could be made into a monster

If we all pull together as a team.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?

We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

Montreal presale started almost four hours ago and I still can get a pair, though I've decided not to. It's lame that they can only tell you the tix are somewhere in the 100 level.

So I'll be trying for the general onsale for Ottawa. I WILL be going to the show so if I get shut out I'll be looking to y'all for an extra, or I'll end up barking up a scalper's tree.

I wish i could have purchased a pair for MTL and got them to ya. I got through no problem with my code, but realized yesterday that there's no way i can make it to that gig :(

I don't mind that with this sort of presale you don't know exact seat number. At least they give you a range. For this production i just want to be in the building.

BUFFALO - presale tomorrow morning (Friday) at 10am.