Jambands.ca

Help me pick a song for my next Live Looping video

jayr

Dude, you can totally pull that off, and have near flawless tone for your youtube channel.

I don't know if you have a volume pedal to send your guitar signal to a second amp or through a drive pedal that can bring out honky mids, but since playing guitar and sax at the same time would be hard, it's certainly a fair compromise.

Of course, learn those other songs too, but I don't know of another album/track that is as close to everything that I've watched of your loops.

Now...if you could comp all of those lines/riffs exact that would be really awesome, cause I would expect those notes to come...and you'd pull off both a seamless live loop, but you'd know the tune inside and out...and be on point and on fire for a few minutes.

I first thought of this:

a__RYP10myw

but changes happen when new layers come in and tight live looping requires bass and guitar on stands with (maybe) a keyboard or something else...

And then I saw this and thought that more people should hear it. If I lived in Collingwood I would probably want to spend a few afternoons playing stuff like this now and again in backyard BBQ's and ski parties with ya...

eFrkJJhC8IE

Anyhow, Texas Twister...totally within reach tonally and logistically.

That whole Freestylin' record is awesome. Since then, I've been a fan of Ubiquity Records. It fills the void that's in the middle of Ninja Tune that I always found disappointing...and led me to listen to more live/acoustic music.

Things would be different if I'd hung around record shops instead of the beach.

I don't know if you have a volume pedal to send your guitar signal to a second amp or through a drive pedal that can bring out honky mids, but since playing guitar and sax at the same time would be hard, it's certainly a fair compromise.

My new Telecaster has a Stereo out so that would make it very possible. Thanks for the great suggestions! Keep 'em coming!!

Okay so I make my decision tomorrow. Still looking for ideas. Keep in mind something fairly well known and that doesn't have too many timing or key changes would be best (the nature of the looping beast). All ideas are welcome though, and thanks to everyone that's shared so far.

Cheers!

J

EDIT: Feel free to even just suggest a Band or Artist to cover!

Edited by Guest

Thanks again to everyone that shared ideas. I'll be making my selection this weekend and learning and recording it to post as a Youtube video on May 11th. Here's the full list of requests I received:

SONG REQUESTS

Allman Brothers Band - Statesboro Blues

311 - Amber

Al Green - Love & Happiness

The Eagles - Hotel California

Don Ross - Tight Trite Night

BTO - Stayed Awake All Night

Keith Urban- Where the Blacktop Ends

Lemon Jelly - The Staunton Lick

SHOOGLENIFTY - The Tammienorrie

The Who - Eminence Front

King Crimson - The Elephant