Jambands.ca

Lawrence Taylor rapes a 15 year-old?? (don't worry, no animals harmed)

Kanada Kev

Wow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/06/lawrence-taylor-rape-nfl_n_565910.html

s-LAWRENCE-TAYLOR-RAPE-ARRESTED-large.jpg

Lawrence Taylor has been arrested for rape, CBS 2 reports. According to MSNBC, the alleged victim is reportedly 15 years old.

LoHud.com reports that Taylor "was charged with third-degree rape, a charge that involves having intercourse with a minor." The 51-year-old NFL legend is accused of beating his victim during the alleged rape.

According to CBS 2, the alleged attack occurred at the Holidome Hotel in Montebello, New York.

Ramapo, N.Y. authorities will release additional information at a Thursday afternoon news conference.

Taylor was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident last November. He was arrested multiple times in the 1990s on drug charges and for failing to make child support payments.

Developing...

Edited by Guest

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he would stay out of the news because he is ruining himself for me. I always have hated the Giants but couldnt help but watch them when he played.

I know, I know. Innocent until proven guilty but none the less. Its hard to wipe the blackboard clean once headlines like this are written.

I just explained to my girlfriend for the second time in couple weeks what a legend LT was when we were watching some sort of celebrity intervention (the first time was when she forced me to watch "The Blind Side" (god awful movie) so I forced her to listen to me talk about Joe Theismann).

Really too fucking bad, I know it's alleged but still awful stuff.

To me, Taylor was the first defensive player who was so dominant that he was a star as much as players like Walter Payton were. He made defense as sexy as offense. Everything changed for me thanks to Lawrence but how much he changed the game was cataclysmic. I couldnt tell back then but it's all out there. Any historian of the game would be far more capable of explaining his influence than I am.

When he was on the field, you couldnt take your eyes off him if you tried. He was everywhere. For those of you late-comers, think Ray Lewis in his prime but multiply it a hundred fold. A feeble comparison for hockey fans of this board would be Patrick Roy and how much he changed goaltending forever.

It really is unfortunate that his star has fallen so much. However, he's not the victim of this crime (unless he's being totally setup).

that's what it was all about, he just couldnt be stopped.

And I'm sure that's all the plantiff's lawyers will need to say in a court of law.

Any historian of the game would be far more capable of explaining his influence than I am.

No, I think you nailed it. (just like LT nailed that 15 year old. What? Too soon??) First real defensive "star" in the majority's opinion.

Lawrence Taylor's Only Draft Day Memory: Drinking '41 Coors Lights'

Lawrence Taylor is an outrageous man: from his play on the field to his behavior off of it and even in his acting career, he's just kind of silly. Except in a mean, scary, "omfg he could kill me and no one would ever know or care" kind of way.

Because of that, when he says stuff, people believe him. Like, for instance, the claim he made yesterday to Sports Illustrated as to own draft day experience, in which he stated that he doesn't remember anything about it except for the fact that he drank 41 Coors Lights.

Now, all plausibility as to drinking that much beer aside, the real question is: "how does he remember the exact amount?" It's an excellent question, since, you know, after about the first 20 or so beers, most people would stop being able to see, much less "remember" anything. But it's Lawrence Taylor, and somehow, it seems totally logical.

Actually DaveO, I was thinking more along the lines of schemes and strategies that came into the game specifically because teams had to figure out a way to defend Lawrence Taylor. Haha, defend. Its so true though.

Since Sloth brought up the Blind Side, I believe it's widely accepted that Lawrence Taylor was responsible for the rise in prominence of the left guard position (right handed qb protector) via Bill Walsh. He was murdering quarterbacks.

I would also venture to guess that Lawrence Taylor also influenced the rise in the 3 or 5 step QB drops, the shotgun formation and probably linebacker blocking schemes on running plays. Fuck. All of it.

Defenses changed because of him as well as offence. Never in my life of watching football has there been a single player who influenced the game as much. Like I said, you would need a historian as well as someone who really understood the x's and o's of the games to explain in the terms it deserves to be explained.

Anyone got Bill Walsh's phone number? Hell, I will even accept Bill Parcell's.

I don't think anyone even remotely implied that he was.

I never said that anyone did. Something I noticed from reading comments on the site where the article was from.

Just a common thing that some people (and i'm not saying any people here do ... got it) tend to make comments that sound like it's so sad when a 'celebrity' gets nailed and how they could come to their current state while completely seeming to be irreverent towards the individual who was (allegedly) violated.

Fuck, I loved that golden age of sports. Some of the greatest atheletes and game changers that we will ever see.

Wayne and Mario in hockey

Maradona in soccer

LT in the NFL

Jordan in the NBA

It was such a wonderful time. I am sofucking old.

Cocaine is totally different than steroids.

Any historian of the game would be far more capable of explaining his influence than I am.

No' date=' I think you nailed it. (just like LT nailed that 15 year old. What? Too soon??) First real defensive "star" in the majority's opinion. [/quote']

For me, the first major defensive stars were Mean Joe Green and L.C. Greenwood (I was a giant Steelers fan in the '70s and I still hate the Cowboys). That Giants linebacker crew during the taylor reign were all great, affectionately known as The Crunch Bunch - Harry Carson, Brad van Pelt and Brian Kelly. I also loved back-up and occassional starter Gary Reasons.

I wish I was around when Dick Butkus was destroying running-backs.

Edited by Guest

I think Lawrence Taylor changed how the game was played much more than Joe Green. Lawrence Taylor redefined the position as well as offensive and defensive mentalities. Joe Green was an amazing linemen in a long series of amazing linemen.

Edited by Guest
proper english to the rescue

I think Lawrence Taylor changed how the game was played much more than Joe Green. Lawrence Taylor redefined the position and well as offensive and defensive mentalities. Joe Green was amazing linemen in a long series of amazing linemen.

I agree. I meant more that there were big defensive stars before Taylor. Also, his fellow Giants linebackers were also incredible at their position.

I meant more that there were big defensive stars before Taylor.

Who said there werent stars before him? I'm the first guy who will admit that I am a product of marketing. Hell, I recall that Coke commercial (arguably the most famous one) featuring Mean Joe when I was around that kid's age and I figure those NFL bastards got their mitts into me right then and there.

But Lawrence Taylor was a different beast. He was such a beast that I figure his last game before retirement was in On Any Given Sunday.

To anyone who watched' date=' and remembers sports from the 70's:

[/quote']

Maybe you'll actually see the Habs win a cup some day.

Carry on as your were.

I did...86 & 93... got to see both...and on a color TV there old man!

Now go have your flashbacks to when you and younger bouchard used to play doctor...he told us all about it, LT has nothing on that shit!~