Jambands.ca

Kitchener Tonight - Digging Roots

Schwa.

They're good.

Raven is great.

After last night, I agree! This is a solid band, and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing Raven play his tube-electrified acoustic guitar. He's got some serious chops and a cool sound! And he's a good singer ... I enjoyed the vocal mix between him and the female vocalist ShoShona Kish.

I caught part of their set at the Victoria Park stage under the tent, and some of their energy was lost because it was a small seated crowd in a big venue. I managed to see them again later on last night in the Boathouse, and their energy came through in a big way in that small, packed venue.

Nice to see you Schwa and Gator. I'm guessing that you decided not to head back to the Boathouse, or you did and you couldn't get in. We got in just before it got really busy - there seemed to be a lineup to get in most of the night.

Peace, Mark

Passed out on the couch watching the ballgame. Had to work bright and early today.....and tomorrow. Bummer missing so many FREE shows last night.

Glad they came through for ya though, Tonin....otherwise you'd have certainly FUCKINGG KILLED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

After pissing off a significant number of people who had an "it is our right to sit in a chair and watch this free show without anybody dancing in front of me or near me attitude", Liana and I eventually found a good spot to dance and enjoy Dr. John. We really enjoyed him and his band and he can still sing and play, that's for sure!

We also caught a few songs by JJ Grey & Mofro ... it was good but rockier/bluesier than I expected.

After Dr. John we went to The Boathouse to hear Debbie Davies. She can certainly sing and play the blues! Very impressive!

Made our way back to the main stage after that to check out Johnny Lang, but by then it was packed downtown so we didn't stay for too long and after taking a stroll through the downtown and Victoria Park we decided to make the bike ride back home.

All in all a very enjoyable night!

Peace, Mark