Jambands.ca

The Sadies tonight @ Casbah, Hamilton

DevO

Anyone here going to be seeing The Sadies tonight in the Hammer? Just wondering what the crowds are like in Hamilton these days, and if getting advanced tickets is advisable.

I'm passing on the Toronto Island show tomorrow in favour of this methinks - save some money and I'm more interested in seeing The Sadies in front of 180 people (?) tonight than both bands in front of 37,500 people (?) tomorrow.

I've seen the Sadies a ton of times (upwards of 25 for sure) and last weekend on Wolfe Island was the 2nd best set I've seen them play. They are at the top of their game. If I had the choice I'd definitely go to the club show over the festival. (37k is a bit much - I think the site holds 18k tops)

Whatever you decide, you're in for a good time!

Seeing the Sadies at the Casbah is always a definite treat! Wish I could go to this one for sure! But (i think) the air quality has been giving my little guy some trouble... Too concerned and sleep deprived to think about going anywhere at the moment.

Have fun though! Will be a great show.

Good to hear they are on their A-game, that is VERY exciting! I'm sure last night's gathering in Port Dover with the Hawk, Garth, etc was a big night, hopefully they are back to full strength this evening. Definitely my favourite Canadian band to see perform live.

Indeed, great show! Great to see them working out a bunch of new tunes and new segues, etc. Good sized crowd for a club gig in the middle of August (with $20 cover). The band covered "Gloria" for an encore and in the middle of it segued through 4 or 5 other cover songs (only one I could name is "Chevrolet"). Also more than once they thanked Andre Ethier for being there, though he didn't perform with the band.