Jambands.ca

Tom Green Ontario Tour

ollie

it was his hip hop show ...

the biggest problem I recall (there were a few relatively minor issues that have slipped my memory) was that he posted on his website that the show has sold out, when in fact I had just told his management a couple of days before that we were hugely undersold. Tom Green told me when he got there that he had told a bus-load of friends from Ottawa to not bother coming because it was sold out.

We lost money on the show and received no compensation from the artist, which I strongly felt was due.

Overall, I found him rather unpleasant ... but I admit that my experience was tainted :)

Tix for Hamilton on sale now (well, presale) if you want 'em;

TOM GREEN

World Stand-up Comedy Tour

THE STUDIO AT HAMILTON PLACE

Sunday, October 24 at 7:30 PM

Hamilton`s Premier Intimate Showroom

PRE-SALE: Sept. 14 at 2PM - Sept. 16 at 10PM

PASSWORD: HECFI

PUBLIC ON-SALE: Friday, September 17

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000452BA896447E?artistid=1004780&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=51

Looks to me like his heart is in the right place

Friendship prompts Tom Green to help man paralysed in accident

By Tony Lofaro, The Ottawa Citizen

Comedian Tom Green is coming to the aid of an Ottawa man who was paralysed in a freak hockey accident.

Green is bringing his comedy tour to Centrepointe Theatre on Oct. 21 and proceeds from the show will go toward a trust fund for René Faucher, a married father of three children who earlier this year suffered a spinal cord injury. There is a longstanding friendship between the Green and Faucher families from when they all lived in Beacon Hill.

Faucher was playing pick-up hockey when his skate caught a rut. He fell headfirst into the boards and was left paralysed from the neck down.

Since then a number of fundraisers have been held to help the family, which had no disability insurance. Faucher was also between jobs at the time of the accident and without an income.

The upcoming fundraiser with Green comes as Faucher’s medical expenses are beginning to mount.

“This was Tom’s idea,†said Marc Faucher, René’s younger brother, who had been in touch with Green after the accident.

“Tom and I were best friends right through the end of high school. We were virtually across the street from each other,†he said.

Faucher said his brother is moved by Green’s involvement.

“René’s pretty touched because his little brother’s best childhood friend is pulling his weight where he can. Tom is in a position to do that,†said Marc.

He said his brother is making “slow, but steady progress.†He’s out of the Ottawa Hospital Rehabilitation Centre where he went after the accident and now lives in a residential centre that has full-time nursing care.

“We’re all still very optimistic about him. He’s a firm believer and something is going to trigger and he’s going rebuild his muscular ability and his legs are going to kick back in. And I believe that, too.â€

Green said he’s happy to lend a hand.

“I know that they’ve had a few fundraisers so I just thought I’d like to do one as well,†said Green, who e-mails Marc almost weekly to find out his brother’s progress.

“I’m really happy to be supporting their foundation and want to do what I can. Hopefully, we can have a real fun night because I’m excited about coming back to Ottawa,†said Green who was last in the city several years ago performing his rap music at Barrymore’s on Bank Street.

Green said he learned of the accident shortly after it happened and decided to help out in some way. He said he didn’t want to go into detail about his personal relationship with the family.

“I just want it to be a real successful night and have a great turnout so that we can support René.â€

A friend worked with Renè Foucher before the accident and it's a pretty sad story. The guy was literally between jobs, a couple of weeks off before starting with a new firm, and as such the families sole provider was left with zero insurance/income, save disability cheques from the gov't.

Good on Tom Green for doing this. Hope it sells out.