Jambands.ca

Bruce Springsteen fans in Toronto

deranger

So you may have heard the rumors about Springsteen playing as a special guest while he's in Toronto today (and for the next day...?) promoting his movie at TIFF.

I first heard this rumor on the radio today and I checked the Horseshoe website and found this.....

Tue Sept 14: CLOSED FOR A PRIVATE TIFF PARTY 8:00p to Midnight!

The Edge Dave Bookman’s Nu Music Nites returns on Tue Sept 21 and NO JC’s musical hero is NOT paying here tonight, he’s at a Gala film between 9:30 and 11:00, well that’s where JC will be anyway...lol

Wed Sept 15: NYC Ex D Generation ‘Springsteen meets Gaslight Anthem/Replacements’!

‘JESSE MALIN’ @11:00p, Moneybrother’ @10:00p & ‘Clothes Make The Man’ @9:00p. $13.50 Adv @Tm-Hs-Rt-Ss. $15.00 @Door.

Now this is the night he COULD show - We’re laying odds about twelve thousand to one, but if for some reason he ain’t jetting away back to New Jersey, anything is possible, I mean the fucking SPECIALS just played in Toronto, PAUL WELLER is doing JAM songs, GUIDED BY VOICES reformed, again - lol, I mean who knows what’s musically possible anymore, right?

‘Johnny works in a factory and Billy works downtown

Terry works in a rock and roll band, lookin' for that million-dollar sound

I got a little job down in Darlington, but some nights I don't go

Some nights I go to the drive-in, or some nights I stay home

I followed that dream just like those guys do up on the screen

And I drive a Challenger down Route 9 through the dead ends and all the bad

scenes, and when the promise was broken, I cashed in a few of my dreams’

Apparently he's personal friends with this Jesse Malin person. I dunno, I'm not a huge Springsteen fan or Malin fan so I have no idea but I thought the hardcores out there might like to know....