Jambands.ca

Expanded Rerelease of The Pizza Tapes (Garcia, Grisman, Rice)

Hartamophone

Link

The informal once-in-a lifetime jam session that brought guitar icons Jerry Garcia and Tony Rice together with their mandolin-picking host David Grisman was recorded in Dawg Studios on two successive evenings in February, 1993. The Pizza Tapes CD (2000) which included only part of that historical meeting soon became an acoustic classic and one of Acoustic Disc's most popular releases.

The newly released Extra Large 170-minute edition of this legendary session, includes the entire session with 16 previously unissued alternate takes in addition to the original master takes in their original sequence. This unique collection also features more of the personal repartee, which made the original release so endearing and insightful - the anatomy of this very special jam.

Can't help but wonder if this is a whole lot of filler, but given how awesome the original is, it might be worth checking out.

If this is the one I have heard, it is totally worth it for the between track talking and listening to *someone* take drags that cant be off a cigarette.

Holy shit, some of it is simply awesome. You can totally immerse yourself in that little room as if you are a fly on the wall. Definitely my favorite 'session' that I have ever heard.