Jambands.ca

Where does everyone purchase their blanks?

secondtube

I'm looking to do some serious burning and i probably need at least 150 blanks.

They obviously have to be manufactured in Japan.

Everywhere i look to order from online wont ship to Canada, those bastards!

Oh, while on the topic, i need a new burner ...any suggestions?

I imagine a Yamaha or Plextor would be my best choices. Internal ide pleez.

First, burners.... Don't get an HP. I've had a bad experience with my old HP burner. I'm really likeing my Yamaha though.

As for blanks, I used to order Fuji's from a place in the states called ecost.com. They were teamed up with borderfree.com so they give you a guranteed price with shipping an duty etc... THe last order I made was for 200 and that worked out to $140.

However now I'm buying from Sonnam computers (across from the cozone). HP Blues, which are TY, made in Japan for $57 for 100. A great deal for quality!

my old hp 9100 series burner is still sorta kickin' but burnin at 4x sucks.

I've burn well over 1000 cd's on this sucker.

I hear Plextor and Yamaha make the best quality burners these days.....so i imagine thats where i'm going....

I'm trying to figure out the next time i'm gonna be in Toronto, i'd love to get a bunch there...

"LG" and "Lite-on" both make knockoffs of Plextor and Yamaha burners - exact same architecture. The "LG" 32x10x40x with an 8meg buffer is a Plextor copy (the LG 32x10x40x with a 2meg buffer isnt...... i think but its been a while since Ive payed attention). My LG (a plex copy) is easily approaching 750 burns and hasnt faltered yet.

You might have to do a bit of research to see which "LG" and "Lite-on" models are knockoffs but all the info is out there on the net and you'll save yourself about 120bucks. They actually got so good at copying them that ive seen the price of Plex and Yamaha burners almost halve themselves in the last year or so (they used to be outrageously expensive, now they just are pricey).

But you cant go wrong by buying Plex or Yamaha.

Oh yeah I buy generic CMC Magnetics Corporation (Type 6) media for $30 for a 100. No complaints about any type 6 but they are generics.

quote:

The "LG" 32x10x40x with an 8meg buffer is a Plextor copy

Thanks for the help. I just orded from Vision Computing in Toronto, this model of cd burner. After reading reviews, this sounds like a fantastic purchase.... [big Grin][big Grin]

SUBTOTAL: 109.00

SALES TAX: 16.35

TOTAL: 125.35

It should be here by Friday. Now i gotta find me some blanks.... [big Grin]

Thanks again...

Archived