Jambands.ca

Moving to/around Guelph

Blurry

hey eveyone,

Mud and I are hoping to move to or around the Guelph area [big Grin]

That said, I'm trying to find a space to live and figured the classifieds of local newspapers would be our best bet. I know it's the Guelph Mercury......what's the name of the Kitchener newspaper?

Anyone have any other ideas about how or where we should look to secure a spot? (don't want to be in an apartment building)

Thanks,

Babsy

Guelph is a bigtime university town and the housing is tight-we took a couple months to find our apt-it's also a pricey town! It also really relies on the student population, so each semester start/end there is lots of housing and sublets available...good luck! I would also check out housing boards at U of G...

Oh the Kitchener paper is the record, and also check out the online pennysaver-they have listings too....

oh yeah i also remember checking out homes4students.com...

Good luck!

I moved from Halifax over a year ago and have really enjoyed settling in here. That said it really helps to have a good place central to downtown, otherwise going out etc. can be a hassle if you're always paying for cabs home and what not. Also there's alot of basement apartments which I don't dig being a 'smoker'. The best resource is the Off Campus Housing listings from UO Guelph. Not sure when you're moving but if it could be around April you could probably pick up any number of cheap sublets maybe an option to renew.

Off Campus Housing

Babsy,

It will be so nice to have the two of you closer to where I live!

The Kitchener paper is called The Record

As much as I'd love to have you in this town (Kitchener), I think that Guelph might be the better place to live in for the two of you if you have the choice. Having said that, Kitchener-Waterloo and Guelph are only 30 minutes apart ...

Peace, Mark

Tungsten, Mark, Kung, Phishin and Chickenbutter....thanks so much for your insight.......it's nice to hear your positive views and use your resourceful links [Cool]

Have started calling some places........don't you just wish it could all work itself out for ya!?!?!?

Anybody want to be my personal assistant and make an easy $0.25 a day? hee hee!

Thanks again,

Babsy

Archived