Jambands.ca

PEACHES CHRIST SUPERSTAR

bONES

wow!

I bet this will be a cool show.

Peaches has confirmed the anticipated North American tour of her critically acclaimed production of Peaches Christ Superstar. The tour will begin in Boston, MA on December 10th and will visit New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Toronto.

Peaches’ performance of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Sir Tim Rice’s musical, Jesus Christ Superstar made its worldwide debut in March in Berlin and Hamburg. As a continuation of her original sold out runs, she will be accompanied musically by piano virtuoso and rap entertainer, Chilly Gonzales.

TUE 21 DEC - Peaches Christ Superstar

Queen Elizabeth Theatre

Toronto, ON

$37

Ugh. I can't stand her "Peaches" personna. I used to sorta like her '90s experimental band, Fancypants Hoodlum (I saw them around 10 times - she was my friend's roommate), but disliked The Shit and her early solo work. Still, she has carved out a decent niche for herself.

I like Peaches (I mean the artist, not the fruit), and I like Jesus Christ Superstar. Not entirely sure how the combination would work. It isn't exactly like chocolate falling into your peanut butter.

And yah, Gonzales.

Won't be in TO for December, but will be looking out for reviews.

Win tix here:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/contests/contest.cfm?contest_id=274

00504825.jpg

Peaches’ performance of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Sir Tim Rice’s musical, Jesus Christ Superstar made its worldwide debut in March in Berlin and Hamburg. Peaches will sing all roles including Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and the disciples. As a continuation of her original sold out runs, she will be accompanied musically by piano virtuoso and rap entertainer, Chilly Gonzales.