Jambands.ca

Line 6 JM-4 Looper

bouche

I just stumbled across this LINE 6 pedal that I've never heard of. Looks really cool!

Does anyone have one of these?

On a related note, did anyone know that the Futureshop now carries a wide range of musical instruments, recording equipment and PEDALS? That's how I came across that pedal. I noticed that the futureshop had a pedals section and started clicking around and saw LINE 6 stomp boxes.

If you want a full featured looper this seems to be worth trying, but for not much more you could get a Line6 M9 - which is every one of their modeller pedals with twice the loop time of the DL4, plus you can stack effects on effects from different models.

Do you NEED minutes worth of looping time or do you want a full feaured processing tool that can get you most of the way to awesome tone?

Are you looking to set up a whole song worth of backing tracks? Do you need an XLR input for a vocal microphone?

the JM4 hasn't really taken off as a popular looper. I don't know why but there's gotta be a good reason. Maybe there are better options for less money or on a smaller footprint and better interface/menus, but I'd say you should at least try it to see if it works for you. Maybe it will and you won't want to always look for something better.

I'm not looking to buy anything, I just found this to be very interesting...along with the fact that the futureshop sells music gear.

btw, your behringer is still staring at me. pm me your addy and I'll just mail it. Or I can bring it out to the Chuck Hunter show.

Andre, are you getting this Electro Harmonix? Can I borrow it?

FWIW, the 2880 requires a special foot control pedal to be used with your feet. Another hundred (or more) bucks.

It's a pretty slick unit if you can get the old big SD flash memory that it uses. The first loop recorded sets the total loop length though.

Great for fading in and out loops.