Jambands.ca

Peter Gabriel - Toronto June 22, 2011

Kanada Kev

Peter Gabriel & The New Blood Orchestra

Molson Amphitheatre Wed June 22, 2011

Front of the Line by American Express: Start: Wed, 03/30/11 10am EDT End: Fri, 04/01/11 5pm EDT

Onsale to General Public: Start: Mon, 04/04/11 10:am

Ticket Prices:

CA $66.25 (CA $53.50 Ticket + CA $12.75 Fees)

CA $204.00 (CA $179.00 Ticket + CA $25.00 Fees)

Details here: http://www.livenation.com/event/1000466CAADB4E6D?crosssite=TM_CA:735139:131073

Found this on his web page:

Following the success of last year's sell out concerts Peter Gabriel returns to the USA and Canada for a 12 date tour with the New Blood orchestra. On the last outing Gabriel redrew the works of Lou Reed, David Bowie, Radiohead....this time out he applies the orchestral makeover to his own back catalogue. The stunning musical backdrop leaves Gabriel's vocals centre-stage and bare, stripped of the usual rock'n'roll clothing, no loud guitars or booming drums to hide behind. Raw and soul-baring yet passionate and often joyous, Gabriel's classic songs here take new shape and extra meaning.

This tour is an opportunity to experience the reinvention of an iconic song selection - from Red Rain to San Jacinto, Digging in the Dirt to Don't Give Up - before the album release of 'New Blood' later this year.

"As Gabriel demonstrated so ably, there are places in the soul that electric guitar, bass and drums, for all their visceral excitement, still can't reach" - LA Times

But I LIKE loud guitars!! }:(

Probably not going. Not worth the cash to drop on another one of his vanity projects just to maybe hear Intruder. Still hoping he gets back to what he does best one day.

mmmmm, gabriel is tasty.

I agree. And I told myself that I wouldn't miss him the next time he came around. But I can't justify the ticket price for that show in that venue. If it was at Massey Hall or at Shea's in Buffalo, yes.

I think I'm going to pass on this one, at least for now.

Peace, Mark

Found this on his web page:

Said by:

Following the success of last year's sell out concerts Peter Gabriel returns to the USA and Canada for a 12 date tour with the New Blood orchestra. On the last outing Gabriel redrew the works of Lou Reed, David Bowie, Radiohead....this time out he applies the orchestral makeover to his own back catalogue. The stunning musical backdrop leaves Gabriel's vocals centre-stage and bare, stripped of the usual rock'n'roll clothing, no loud guitars or booming drums to hide behind. Raw and soul-baring yet passionate and often joyous, Gabriel's classic songs here take new shape and extra meaning.

This tour is an opportunity to experience the reinvention of an iconic song selection - from Red Rain to San Jacinto, Digging in the Dirt to Don't Give Up - before the album release of 'New Blood' later this year.

"As Gabriel demonstrated so ably, there are places in the soul that electric guitar, bass and drums, for all their visceral excitement, still can't reach" - LA Times

But I LIKE loud guitars!!

Probably not going. Not worth the cash to drop on another one of his vanity projects just to maybe hear Intruder. Still hoping he gets back to what he does best one day.

Agreed. This is what happens when rock stars get old. (Suppressing yawn)