Jambands.ca

Bruce Cockburn - extra for TONIGHT

Kanada Kev

Due to a kid not feeling well and wanting Mom to stay home, I am now in possession of an extra ticket for tonight's show at Massey Hall.

I'll unload it at the show, but thought there may be somebody here interested.

The ticket is with my other two in the FRONT ROW!!!!

Get back to me ASAP if you're interested.

http://masseyhall.com/eventdetail?eventId=625

edger, totally did! It was an incredible performance. I have seen Bruce at least a dozen times in just over 20 years. This was by far one of the best performances I have experienced. His playing was phenomenal and the new material kicked-ass! Once of the new instrumentals, Ancestors, was haunting and spine-tingling.

He is touring with a great violinist and percussionist. They fill out the sound and bring new life to many songs and altered arrangements. Their timing and tastefulness totally complimented Bruce and his playing.

Bruce switched up guitars (and one dulcimer) with almost every song. With the clarity of sound in there it was interesting listening to the differences in the instruments and how they fit into the songs.

One big highlight was near the end when he performed "All The Diamonds" on his new baritone guitar (which i looked up and was made by Ontario-based luthier Tony Karol. That song has special meaning and was a real treat for my Mom who I took to the show. She turned me on to Cockburn (and so much other great music) when I was a kid growing up with her album collection and musician friends.

The mom that had to bail was Darlene :( Kinda sucks since she really loves going to Bruce Cockburn shows (compared to a lot of the other shows I go to ). What sucks too, is that I COULDN'T GIVE AWAY THE TICKET!!!!! Some people just don't know what they're missing. Sorry that no skanks could use it :(

You couldn't give it away??? Oh that slays me. Sounds like a fantastic show. Colour me WAY jealous, especially given the All the Diamonds. I've yet to hear him do that live, and that song has special meaning to me too. A campfire favourite sitting by the water. Damn.