Jambands.ca

The Allmans say *no* to file sharing

CyberHippie

In case some of you aren't aware and care, the Allman Brothers don't allow electronic trading of their live shows. I guess B&P's and stuff like that is fine, but you can't share shows online.

Personally I think it's a retarted policy. They allow taping and trading, just not online trading? Whatever...

Anyway, here is a funny thread about this, over at Sharing The Groove, that ya'll mind find intersting/funny/boring/stupid/enlightening... [Roll Eyes]

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20927&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

Speaking of... anyone have the Ottawa Bluefest show?

Yeah,I got it.

Allman Brothers Band

Date: 2003-07-11

Venue: Ottawa Blues Festival,Ottawa,Ontario,Canada

Sets: ALL

Media: CDR

Number: 2

Source: AUD

Quality: A-

1. Don't Want You No More >

2. It's Not My Cross To Bear

3. Ain't Wastin' Time No More

4. No One To Run With

5. Good Morning Little School Girl

with Pinetop Perkins, keyboards

6. How Long Blues

with Pinetop Perkins, keyboards

7. Firing Line

8. Statesboro Blues

9. Woman Across The River

10. Instrumental Illness

11. Who to Believe

12. Trouble No More

13. Worried Down With The Blues

14. Southbound

with the Texas Horns: Kaz Kazanoff, John Mills, Gary Slechta

15. Dreams

16. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

Encore

17. One Way Out

And yet as good as that setlist looks I thought they sounded like shit. I wasn't impressed with their sound at all and it's probably because I think Warren Haynes plays uninspired, boring blues-rock that has no place in Southern Fried Jamband. It's much better suited to a Stevie Ray Vaughn tribute band if you ask me.

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

I think Warren Haynes plays uninspired, boring blues-rock that has no place in Southern Fried Jamband. It's much better suited to a Stevie Ray Vaughn tribute band if you ask me.

To each his own I guess but in my opinion Warren is not only the best thing that could have happened to the Allmans but he's the best thing to happen to popular music in decades!

Archived