Jambands.ca

Flaming Lips played Detroit last night

Birdy

And it kinda...

sucked. :(

I don't know, i guess the space ball was cool. I think Wayne talked more than the band actually played. The show had zero flow to it whatsoever... he did announce early on that they were trying new stuff never before heard and that either we were going to walk away thinking it fucking rocked or it fucking sucked... and i'm sad to say, i thought the latter.

Yoshimi was slow and shortened and boring, and the accompanying stage banter for Do You Realize made me want to cry thinking of everyone i've lost in life. And why can they never, ever play Fight Test!?

I don't think i'm a fan of their new stuff and i'm a little sad about it. They're up there in my most favourite shows ever list and i'm hoping this isn't a morph into something i don't like... like Radiohead.

No offense, of course.

I'm just a little sad about it all. Here's to hoping they keep on rocking and this was only a one-off.

Ah, I had to look it up, it actually was a non-contentious settlement, but Cat Stevens gets 75% of the royalties for the song. They would probably have to go through some paperwork shit if they played it, it wouldn't be much money for live performance, but they probably just don't want to bother with the hassle.

I dunno, have they ever done it live?