Jambands.ca

OCMS hiatus

Esau.

• 4 months later...

Old Crow Medicine Show Lineup Change

We are happy to announce that one of the original founding members, Critter Fuqua, is back in the band. Critter has written and recorded some of Old Crow’s classic songs, including “Take ‘em Awayâ€, “James River Bluesâ€, “Big Time In The Jungleâ€, and “New Virginia Creeperâ€.

Old Crow Medicine Show have decided to part ways with Willie Watson. They wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

The band has recorded a new album for ATO Records which will be released in 2012.

That's how i see it too, Hart. For them to boot an original member there had to be some sort of behind the scenes shit goin' on. that said, Critter has a pretty wicked voice too and I'm sure will fit right in....now are they gonna go all Allman Brothers Band (when they booted Dickey) and still play all of Willie's tunes???

I'm gonna go play every OCMS song I know on the geetar.....

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...

Old Crow Medicine Show (OCMS) are excited to announce the release of their newest album, Carry Me Back, on July 17 through ATO Records. Carry Me Back is the band's fourth studio album and first since 2008's Tennessee Pusher, and features 12 brand new tracks that sonically span the band's career while still pushing them forward in new directions as musicians and songwriters. The album was recorded at the legendary Sound Emporium studios in Nashville (O Brother, Where Art Thou?; REM's Document; Robert Plant and Alison Krauss's Raising Sand). Carry Me Back was produced by Ted Hutt (Gaslight Anthem, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly).

OCMS (Ketch Secor, Critter Fuqua, Kevin Hayes, Morgan Jahnig, Gill Landry, and Chance McCoy) will be hitting the road to tour the US this Summer in support of Carry Me Back. The tour begins on July 19 in Indianapolis, IN (prior to this show the band is headlining the ROMP Festival), and includes stops at New York City's Central Park and the beautiful Fox Theater in Atlanta, amongst others. For a full list of tour dates, please see below. The Lumineers and Milk Carton Kids will provide support on a number of dates.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/92177/Old-Crow-Medicine-Show-New-Album-U.S.-Tour-Dates

• 1 month later...