Jambands.ca

Europe ‘72: The Complete Recordings

Kanada Kev

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming I like the Dead, but not enough that I want to download all of these shows. What are considered the better shows of this run?

Edit: My preference is less country twang and more jammy jam.

None of the shows are weak, but I would have to say that Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Rotterdam have always been my favourites. You also can't go wrong with the Strand Lyceum shows, especially the one on the 26th. And for some reason, I have a soft spot for the comparatively-short Luxembourg show.

Finally got my box. 2 beefs:

1. Unlike American orders which had free shipping, Canadians had to pay $85 for shipping. The "shipping and handling" declaration on the Customs form said $43. Why the soak job for ground USPS shipping?

2. The disks are in there WAY too tight. So tight in fact I ripped the front cover of 4/26 and I was being careful. It's ridiculous how tight. And the paper on the digi packs seems too fragile. This was a pisser as it was the first one I tried removing. Email already sent to Rhino for a replacement.

Aside from that it's pretty cool, despite it costing me $600.

What I've got to alternate with the Dead is the Clash boxed set that came in around the same time. In the immortal words of Andy Dwyer, "Weirdly delicious."

There's a new Clash boxed set?

I just did a quick internet search and didn't find anything (admittedly, it's 12:40AM and I'm mildly drunk) new-ish.

Please explain yourself, sir.

What I've got to alternate with the Dead is the Clash boxed set that came in around the same time. In the immortal words of Andy Dwyer' date=' "Weirdly delicious."[/quote']

There's a new Clash boxed set?

I just did a quick internet search and didn't find anything (admittedly, it's 12:40AM and I'm mildly drunk) new-ish.

Please explain yourself, sir.

Nah, sorry, it's the old Clash On Broadway boxed set. I had it back in the day on cassette, got the whim recently to order a second hand copy of it on CD and it came in around the same time as Europe 72. Sorry for the confusion.