Jambands.ca

Grey Cup: interesting game or just an excuse to tipple on a Sunday?

Davey Boy 2.0

That 13th man debacle from last year (or maybe it was the year before now) sums up the... *unique character* (shall we say?) of the CFL.

Kinda reminds me of the puny little cousin you had as a child with coke bottle glasses, always bumping into furniture and trees and such. Nice to see every now and then but ultimately not someone you want to spend a lot of time with.

Wings beer and pizza though, why not?

I completely ignored the regular season and then bizarrely got into the playoff games these past two Sundays. Chose them over NFL games even.

I actually think it is a great game, just so few teams to sustain any real interest over a regular season.

The real question for me is Grey Cup or Sens vs. Canes. :P

Grey Cup: interesting game or just an excuse to tipple on a Sunday?

Not that I need an excuse, but that excuse will be why I'm watching. Then again, I just picked up 24 tallboys for an afternoon hockey game (Go B's!) so maybe I'm not a good one to answer this question.

Guest Low Roller

I always like watching the Vanier Cup. It's the only football game I watch. I LOVE seeing Laval lose. They are a bunch of dickheads. We faced them in a university competition, and they were very poor sports, to the point of disgust.

This is fucking amazingly insane. I saw this clip on TSN last night, shot by a fan at a Grey Cup event on Friday. I've watched it many times since and I still can't believe it. The Joe Kapp-Angelo Mosca feud goes back 48 years. Mosca said afterwards that nobody shoves a flower in his face.

'>Link

The story:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/story/2011/11/27/sp-cfl-mosca-kapp-fight.html

Edited by Guest

I actually think it is a great game, just so few teams to sustain any real interest over a regular season.

Totally agree. I have always said that the CFL is a better game played by lesser athletes. Obviously there's no comparing the talent level, money going into the game and production values between the two, but on the finer points of the game, I think the CFL holds up. That said, trying to have a rational conversation with most Canadian NFL fans on this point is like trying to debate Conservatives on climate change.