Jambands.ca

Tonight's music at the Dekcuf

bouche

Well, considering it's only $5, and even the very first act (The Tummies) will be loads of fun, you could come out for one band, then go home early (OK, earlier than you would if you stayed for all three), and still get your money's worth.

And if it turns out you're digging what's going on after the first act, you can stick around, and bail whenever you want.

This way, you get the best of both worlds: (at least some) good music, and a good night's sleep.

Aloha,

Brad

Yea,

Your right, a new band to listen to, maybe 3 new bands to listen to...and besides who really needs a reason to go out, hear great misic and drink their face off.

I think that I might have to go. Brad, it looks as though you have twisted my rubber arm. Damn rubber arm [smile]

So I guess I will see you out there. Usual time I guess??

Cyril

Hey Bradm, couldja kinda bring your taping gear tonight? I've never heard The Tummies before, and it would be good to know if I should practise more or not.

I woke up this morning realising I had to learn a bunch of songs and play a gig. I wondered if I should smoke joints all day in preperation, or not smoke joints all day in preperation. My friend suggested I not smoke joints all day, and if that doesn't seem to work, I could start smoking joints all day.

I had to disagree.

See y'all tonight!

Ps I apologise in advance for forgetting all the lyrics.

I and the taping rig are joined at the hip...it screws up my break-dancing like you wouldn't believe, but a taper's lot is often not a happy one...

Yeah, me and my DAT-o will be there for all your taping needs. I'm looking forward to getting a permanent record of a Tummies show for purposes of posterity (and/or blackmail).

Aloha,

Brad

Hey Howler, it was good to see you last night and I have to agree, Velvet's stage presence is amazing.

Butterflies and Zebras, well what can I say except [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!] . That was some good stuff. We will be seeing more of these guys in the future I hope. One word of advise for the next time they play, get good and high and buckle up.

Jiva Ju - I was so darn tired by the time they got on stage that I left after a couple of songs. I got one Doors song and a Hendrix tune. Both executed very well. My head was bopping despite my being half asleep. I hope to see them again.

T'was a good night. [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by Ms.Huxtable:

Hey Howler, it was good to see you last night and I have to agree, Velvet's stage presence is amazing.

And his stage presents were even more amazing...my word of the day is "lesbianage".

quote:

Butterflies and Zebras, well what can I say except
[Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]
. That was some good stuff. We will be seeing more of these guys in the future I hope. One word of advise for the next time they play, get good and high and buckle up.

It was like a good GD "Space" for three-quarters of an hour. The visuals really added to the show.

quote:

Jiva Ju - I was so darn tired by the time they got on stage that I left after a couple of songs. I got one Doors song and a Hendrix tune. Both executed very well. My head was bopping despite my being half asleep. I hope to see them again.

They broke out "First Tube" later on, then segued it into something else (another Doors tune?), then back into "First Tube". They got a bit more open and jammy later in the set. I'd go and see them again, for sure.

Aloha,

Brad

i loved jiva's jam in 'peace frog'. I would have loved to see more.

Butterflies and Zebras were a very cool duo up there with there 36 + pedals and trippy sounds.

Velvet' Tummies set was a blast. Even though the rest of the band didn't show, he managed to introduce them all to use [Wink]

I think the Moment of the Night for me occurred when Dr. Huxtable graciously brought a shot of Jaeger up to the stage, just as The Tummies were singing, "We don't do shooters during the first set..."*

Were I more conspiratorial, I'd think it was planned. I'm not, so I dont.

Aloha,

Brad

* I may have that lyric wrong, but the plethora of websites featuring Tummies lyrics all seem to be down...

From "Subtle Hint To Audience,"

Don't send up no shooters in the first set if you please,

No, don't you send up shooters in the first set if you please.

Can't get drunk too soon, or we will end up on our knees,

But we'll drink beer 'til the cows are outta sight.

Yeah, the timing of that was classic.

By the way, I meant to sincerely thank everyone for being so dang quiet while we were playing. That's encouraging. Thanks all.

quote:

Originally posted by Ms.Huxtable:

If the lights were not shining in your eyes you would have seen an audience full of smiling and laughter.

You would have also seen me proudly wearing my nero t-shirt, 'cause, you know, due to a minor scheduling misstep, my Tummies "Summer Tour 2002" t-shirt was at the cleaners...

Aloha,

Brad

Last night was really really cool!!....2 new LOCAL jambands came out of the woodwork:

Butterflies and Zebras: ambient guitar jams with a visual fractal show in the background

...that was freakin' trippie, the guys in the band have some good stories about "less that perfect" audiences, but last night they definitely found their audience.

Jiva Ju: Great new 4 piece band, playing jammy originals, and everyones faves, great sound - they'll be back at Dekcuf for sure.

..and I caught my first Tummies show!! what can I say awesomely hilarious.

A really eclectic mix of music last night, and lots of potential for future good times on Thursdays at Dekcuf - stay tuned!!

Archived