Jambands.ca

no words

edger

Hey, I know we have some other teachers and educational assistant folks around here (and anyone else can do it too.) This is a really nice project that could be nice to do with kids in classes prior to the holiday break. A friend of my sister in CT is doing this and I thought I'd pass it along:

dep_4727975-Happy-Snowflake-Character-Wearing-A-Santa-Hat.jpg

Sharon posted this on her Wall and I think you will be interested. I think it's a great idea:

A building has been designated to house the students from Sandy Hook Elementary School. They are in the process of transporting desks, chairs, supplies and so forth to this location. My neighbor is the president of the Newtown PTA and we met tonight discussing what we can do to make these children feel comforted upon their return to school.

Please join us in "The Snowflake Project".

We are asking your students to make and decorate a snowflake. We will hang them in the hallways at the stark, new building where the Sandy Hook students will be returning. PLEASE NO WORDS! We want just a cheerful, happy (glitter and sparkle) environment for the students entering the new building.

Please pass on to any teachers you think may want to participate. When you send your snowflakes, please include a note to tell us where they are from (your school, class, town, etc) to display along with your snowflakes. You can send them to me directly, and I will give them to our PTA.

Bonny Marsicano

22 Pine Tree Hill Road

Newtown, CT 06470