Jambands.ca

Delfest 2013

boiler

Delfestweb-final.jpg

I also noticed on the website that The Unseen Strangers are entered into the Bluegrass Band competition.

Looking forward to my first trip to Maryland next month. Can't wait for YMSB! They also have late night sets, indoors (which require seperate tickets). I got Friday night tickets for Leftover Salmon and the Travelling McCoury's. Anyone else going down? C-towns?

Edited by Guest

Im going! So excited! Its a great fest.

Late nights I'm hitting the String Dusters and Salmon.

All the boys from the Strangers are going too. Toronto represent.

We are flying into Dulle, renting a car and driving to Maryland. Will prob make it for Salmon on the main stage Thursday.

I like Anders Beck dobro styling but I'm not sold on Greensky. I've seen them numerous amounts of time and they haven't grabbed me. I even saw them late night in Telluride last summer. Yonder Mountain and Hot Buttered Rum make me get down.

I suggest not missing Piklney, Sutton, Bula and Bales and Masters of Bluegrass

Yes I went two years ago with a great crew. Had a fantastic time. It was a really tough call not to go this year, and this thread tugs at me a bit given I won't be going this time. But confident I'll be back again some day. I was blown away at how relatively small this festival is for the talent that is there.

Nice venue too nestled in the hills. The late nights are completely worth the purchase. They will most likely sell out before the event itself so if fence sitting go for it for sure.

I'm holding out hope that a few on this line-up will get added to Vibes...namely Trampled By Turtles, Spirit Family Reunion and/or Old Crow. Seems a possibility between Newport and Floyd Fest which are the same weekend...

Edited by Guest