Jambands.ca

Peach festival in Scranton on sale Monday

HMike

I only went 1 day and stayed at a friend's place. Camping was away from your vehicle and it appeared well run. Camping gives you access to a waterpark.

I would get a room at one of the nearby hotels at the interstate exit where there were free shuttles. If you book now maybe it wont be too overpriced.

As for the music I believe there were 4 days. On the Saturday I went there were side stages so there was continuous music when the main stage was quiet.

Food was typically overpriced onsite with maybe a little more variety than a one nighter at this venue but not as good as other fests.

This venue is typically a bust fest in the lot but chill inside. Since its a fest with all day music its not like you would want to hang in the lot anyway. I saw less trouble as people just go in right away.

My overall experience was postive.

The venue is on a mountain that is home to Copperheads and Rattlesnakes and one year there at Peachfest a Copperhead was removed from the stone drainage area between the lawn and shed. I've never heard of a bite there but its worth noting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Peach Festival Lineup for 2015

Gregg Allman
Santana
Bob Weir with Billy and the Kids
Willie Nelson
Warren Haynes Ft. Railroad Earth
Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band
Butch Trucks and Special Friends
Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers
Lotus
Old Crow Medicine Show
G. Love & Special Sauce
Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
Beats Antique
Dark Star Orchestra
Papadosio
Joe Russo’s Almost Dead
Oteil & Roosevelt
Rusted Root
Dumpstaphunk
Dopapod
Cabinet
The Werks
Twiddle
Kung Fu
Bobby Lee Rodgers
Preservation Hall Jazz Band ft. Bob Weir
Keller Williams’ Grateful Gospel

i went to peach last year. I got a hotel. Camping section looked cool. I brought my family last year. Lot's of hills. so it was tough going from one stage to the next but we got through it. I was just very tired at the end of the day. Sound and venue is great. People were awesome. And the pools are super nice . You can watch the show and be in the wave pool at the side stage. As far as parking and such. We stayed at a marriott in Scranton. I cabed it the first night when i got there cause i was drinking and didn't want to drive. The cab company charges a lot cause were the festival is it's out of there county. i think i paid about $60 bucks on way. The next day with family we parked at there pakring and took the shuttle bus. it's still a bit of a drive into scranton. So if your drinking i don't recommend driving yourself. Police presence was very heavy. Main stage has a grass area. It was very packed every night. But you could move around everyone was cool. I would recomment this fest forsure.

Did it last year and doing it this year. I wouldn't suggest camping. It really looked like it sucked. Basically all tents were on a ski hill on the down slope. It did not look like fun. I liked the main stage which was the ampitheatre. Seats, covered pav and real washrooms. I roll in comfort these days.