Jambands.ca

Greenbelt Harvest Picnic unveils 2015 lineup

DevO

I was there....but if it weren't for the free ticket that i got from a friend I'd have never gone.  Was good to check Gordon Lightfoot off of the list of artists i haven't seen before, I guess.  Bahamas set was not at all what i hoped it would be.....to be honest the entire thing was one giant snoozefest except for the Justin fella that Jonny Kerr and Shari Dunn were playing with and the Dinner Belles.  The Dinner Belles set was by far the best.

Giant festival and my only good moments were at the side stage standing with about 100 people.

Vendors got royally fucked.  I wouldn't doubt if 80% of those vendors don't return next year.

Complete flop as far as the promoter is concerned.

On a positive note the employees and volunteers seemed to be doing a great job.  Place was spotless and the sets ran seamlessly.

I'll bet they broke even....and only because the shit-canned Iron and Wine with that loophole bullshit.

While it sounds like there is a need for new management, I do hope this festival comes out ahead.  I think the intent behind it, the cause, the location, the people it brings together, local food and vendors, the family friendliness of it all...there is something special there.