Jambands.ca

Jomomma and SFG

6ftgroove

It's little ways off yet, but I thought I'd put it in a thread so everyone has a heads up.

-

Now, I know Sixfootgroove didn't make the top 10 canadian jambands list.. and we're all ok with that...sniff sniff [Wink] But we can say that after this show we have played with at least 3 of the bands commonly listed in those top 10 lists. And that's a good start. Exposure is good. [smile] Fire bad. [Mad] So... c'mon out and support one of your favorite jambands AND support a bunch of nobodies in the process! It's good times!

yup, those are the same ones you've been waiting for all this time... sorry they aren't very clear, my camera's a piece of crap. (santa, if you are lurking, DIGITAL. heehee!) miss pink might have more on her magical mystery roll though (PINK, ARE YOU AT THE PHOTOSHOP YET? haha)

ooooh, wait for press release... sounds serious. hopefully all is well!

quote:

Originally posted by PalacePrincess:

miss pink might have more on her magical mystery roll though (PINK, ARE YOU AT THE PHOTOSHOP YET? haha)

I still have 7 more pictures left on the roll to take - hmmm... perhaps tonight we should go to the mall, glue a loonie to the floor and take pictures of people trying to pry it off?

ok. here's the unofficial press release...

After a glorious 9 months of writing/performing/enjoying each other's company, Summer Martin and Meghan Riley have chosen to persue other interests. Summer is exploring new musical vistas, while Meghan is taking time off to clean her room.

They are/were irreplaceable. If you have ever truely met either of those girls you know that they were/are both one-of-a-kind, and their lyrics were also. We miss them dearly. (Actually Summer was at our hall last night helping us practice and run through some newer material! It's not like they are DEAD or anything.. we just don't see eachother 5 days a week anymore.)

I will treasure always my fuzzy memory of dancing with both those crazy chicks at the back of the crowd for Nero's closing set at the Lanc a few weeks ago. It was a fitting last show with the grrlz, and I was just as trashed as the first day I met them both. Life is a circle.

So... enter Charlena Russel and Alison Cherry. (I did not make those names up!)

Charlena is the high energy, high spirited, multi-talented girl from Sherwood Music in Kitchener. Her past experience includes some time in the eclectic group Puncture Vine, and she has/is organizing shows at Fiddler's Green in Cambridge to showcase unsigned local talent and raise money for various charities. A prolific writer, and solid musical utility player (trumpet, guitar, violin), Charlena has already stepped up and is contributing greatly to the new material we have on the go, as well as picking up all the established lyrics and melodies. If any of you musicials in the area stop by sherwood, seek her out. Her positive attitude and personality is infectious! ...and she's damn cute. Total package. An excellent free-agent pick-up at the trade deadline.

Alison comes at us from Guelph (Guelp!). She has a long background of formal training in voice and keys (her mother is a piano teacher). Alison also possesses the right, upbeat, good times attitude that the rest of the band has, so she fit in nicely from the get go. Again, another total package. Her powerful voice, her impecable timing, her feel, her attitude, her exceptionally hot appearance... she was a steal at only $1.6million/yr!

And the best part is, after only 4 practices together the girls are gelling and the magic is tangeble. We are all pumped!

It's sad to see the ol' girls go... with things really picking up for the group (we don't have to look for work anymore it seems.. people just keep calling asking us to play!). Rest assured that you will see them at our various events and don't be surprized if they join us onstage. The departure is on the best of terms and we are all still madly in love with eachother. Who knows what that will lead to in the future.

In the beat department, long time drummer Pete Murdoch is getting geared up to attend flight school in the spring. Being the class act he is, he let us know early on and is now working with our new drummer Jordan Russel to get him up to speed. Jordan comes from the heavy hitting group The Dirty Love and adds an element of edge and drive to the band. He's got the chops and has picked up on the musical intent of the band, providing the beats we need in an instant.

Pete was/is the best.... a pal in the best and worst of times. We will miss Pete too! He's a good shit and was a great drummer for us. For the life of me, I don't see how he will pass any drug tests as a pilot, but hey... all the power to him. (psst... don't fly aircanada after he graduates.)

That concluded this weeks episode of HOW THE GROOVE TURNS.

so... Mark... how does a guy go about getting a banner on rotation on this website?

Archived