Jambands.ca

De La Soul dec18th Toronto

peacedudeII

hey y'all, so how was the show??? I went down and lined up outside for about an hour ('cause they said they'd be selling tix at the door), but apparently they decided aaround 11pm, that unless you had a ticket you weren't getting in.(which totally sucked for the kids that had been in line since 830pm) So, I decided to try my luck at sneaking in, and managed to get into a party going on in the basement(The Osgoode Law party!! woohoo!), once in I looked around for a back stairway up to the show, but sadly, there wasn't any that I could

find. So then I decided to just try the "walk upstairs and into the show like you own the place" routine. I managed to get past the first security guard, but the 2nd guy was having nunevit. So I finally packed it in, and went over to the Hilton to warm up and have a little snooze on one of their lovely louunge couches, and then the long drive back to the G-spot. I would love to hear how the show went from one of you lucky/prepared mo'fo's that actually bought a ticket.

Fuggin'wicked!!!!!!

Plug 1 was sweating on me! Maseo and Dave were right close! It was ILL!!!

Super packed room, maybe 250 or 300 people in a tiny room, really intimate. Loud and rowdy towards the end. Audible Oddities (w/Rainbow from Much) were the openers and they ended up right beside us, bouncin'and shoutin'along with De La. Cool shit... [Cool][big Grin][big Grin]

I'd love to see them again anytime! [big Grin]

But drinks were exorbitantly priced at almost 7 or 8 bucks a beer!!!![Mad]

Good thing we had doobs and could get away with it pretty easily. [Roll Eyes][smile]

quote:

Originally posted by chicken butta:

hey y'all, so how was the show??? I went down and lined up outside for about an hour ('cause they said they'd be selling tix at the door), but apparently they decided aaround 11pm, that unless you had a ticket you weren't getting in.(which totally sucked for the kids that had been in line since 830pm) So, I decided to try my luck at sneaking in, and managed to get into a party going on in the basement(The Osgoode Law party!! woohoo!), once in I looked around for a back stairway up to the show, but sadly, there wasn't any that I could

find. So then I decided to just try the "walk upstairs and into the show like you own the place" routine. I managed to get past the first security guard, but the 2nd guy was having nunevit. So I finally packed it in, and went over to the Hilton to warm up and have a little snooze on one of their lovely louunge couches, and then the long drive back to the G-spot. I would love to hear how the show went from one of you lucky/prepared mo'fo's that actually bought a ticket.

at least it makes for a good story! [Cool]

Archived