Jambands.ca

Ottawa Deadheads: Come Celebrate Barton Hall

Donstantinople

Ottawa Deadheads:  I've been doing a weekly vinyl-only night at Tooth and Nail brewery since January.  Since last year when they released Barton Hall 5/8/77 on vinyl, I made it my mission to play the whole show and I've been saving any Dead vinyl that I have until Wednesday, May 9th when I'm going to play the whole thing.  It'll start at 7:30pm.  

It's going down on May 9th instead of the 8th because May 9th is a Wednesday.  I also agree that the 5/9/77 is better than 5/8 but they didn't release that on vinyl, which is a shame.... 

There's no cover, there's nothing fancy... just good beer, good food and great tunes.  I know a bunch of other heads will be coming down so maybe it'll be a good opportunity to meet some new friends.  Vinyl seems have a way of bringing people together.  

Ahhhh the show that never happened eh?!? I bet there are clues on the album cover that point to it having all been a hoax...post a scan and we'll pick it apart. oh hang on, here it is

GD+Cornell+box+set.jpg

The "L"s in the shape of sevens is my first thought- significance of seven in the book of revelations: seven plagues (15:1, 6, 8, 21:9), seven thunders (10:3, 4), etc;

Edited by Davey Boy 2.0

4 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Never heard of the place until just now.  Sounds like fun.

That's awesome - FYI Tooth and Nail has awesome beers.... some believe the best craft beer in the city (their Pilsner won best pilsner in the country last year) but it's also got a bar with some food (sandwiches etc) so you can grab a bite to eat.  

Sounds like a fantastic evening to listen to a CIA mind control experiment and the greatest magic trick they ever pulled off.

If you flip over the 19 you get 61 - if you flip off the LL you get 77

giphy.gif

06-01-77

There was no Dead show on that date.

6 hours ago, Davey Boy 2.0 said:

Used to be the Vibe Lounge or something like that...til the Hintonburgers banded together and bounced them outta there.

No, you're thinking Hintonburger.  Tooth and Nail used to be flower shop and a print house.

Vibe lounge was the place that had issues with gun violence:

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/controversial-vibe-lounge-to-close-by-march-31