Jambands.ca

Nathan Moore crowd sourcing collab

bouche

If you have the tools to record and participate, this is worth your time.  You can be part of Nathan's next recording but time is running short according to his post.  

https://nathansland.com/picking-the-lockdown

Nathan created a Hippy Fiasco record about 8 years ago.  He recorded people all over the place, and even provided tracks for people to add their own tracks.  As a joke, I suggested I could add tambourine, and he walked me through setting up his tracks in Garage Band.  I sent him my tambourine track for Just Sayin', and he mixed it in to the final master.  

If you have access to the album, the tambourine is me, from home having been coached by Nathan over video chat.

He's not kidding when he does this crowd sourced style of recording.

i submitted a guitar track for Bad Time to Be a CLown

there isn't much time left for submission, so I just picked a random song on which to focus.    fuck i love his songwriting.  everything is gold.

I exported my contribution (electric guitar) mixed in with his raw track. nothing special but maybe he'll use something ;) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7bxax7raw5hpt1/bad-time-to-be-a-clown.mp3?dl=0

damn this project of his is coming along fine.  He's been doing live streams on youtube, and has a discord channel live discussion going.  His streams have been him basically bringing in submitted tracks and seeing if they fit, mixing in real-time, taking advice from people in the chat.

I was watching his stream last night and he was working on Bad Time To Be A Clown and was working with my submission on his final mix.  His latest 'final mix' for that is live on his site.  I was shocked that he didn't turf my submission.   

approximately 1h12m is the start of my part getting critiqued 

This whole series of videos is like a master class of recording and mixing in Logic Pro.  Fantastic shit man.