Jambands.ca

How was Wiseman/Nero?

kung

So good old straight edge kung couldn't quite make it down to Toronto for the Friday night 'stravaganza. Was it a bit of a sparse turnout, thought I read that in another thread. I was just really curious to know what Bob Wiseman had played and also what the Nero boys played. I suppose it may be a bit much to hope that Bobby hopped on the keys but you can hope.

well...the turn out was ok...Wiseman was great, funny, and the band (the monsters of rock) were pretty cool too...a harp player and a "things" player whom at one point did a saw solo AND a paper bag solo...but, I was disappointed in the volume of the crowd for Bob...thats all I'll say about that!

nero played well...they ended the first set strong and played a solid second set...my favourite "chestnuts" was at this show but over all, IMHO, it was the weakest show of the run. London and Guelph were just some solid, hard, rippin' sets of nero madness!!!

Gawpo Giggles [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Giggles I heard there might have been a flashing incident at Guelph Nero when they were giving out the door prizes. A little booby action? I presume my lady is just telling me this to upset me but if you caught this and I missed it I'm going to be a sad puppy.

NO- in fact it is not in the house at all- we had it at the elmo and we don't have it now- peter lost it. We haven't yet but we'll have to buy another one.

we gave Jason his and Dave has his but ours went mia in TO at the Elmo after nero!

poo!

but your hat is here!

And what do you think I mean by Skank fest?

It was a lot of festive Skanks!

Happy Festivus Skanks!

Turnout seemed to be around 120? Nero played ok, but the vibe on a whole seemed a little off. the venue was little bit tunnel-like. Bob's set was drowned out by chatting and it seemed like the sound man had trouble for nero/ there was a lound band playing downstairs that at points was more noticeable and annoying. The downstairs ElMO is much better venue.

I caught the NERO SHOW ON Friday in T-dot!

That was my first Nero show since... March '03 in Halifax, where High Plains Drifter openned... that was a fun night... And so I've been hearing all about the success of the band, in Ontario and in the US... playing some big shows, so I was extra pumped to see them.

I missed the Bob Wiseman part but caught the band at it's peak, great communication in the band, and they're never an off moment, they keep bringin' on the intensity... I thought it was a great show... I was of course dancin' with a pile of nice lookin' firm feelin' women. Chris sang a old Downtime tune, and I thought that was great... certainly new possibilities in that band that they should not ignore!

nero

2003-12-19

El Mocambo

Toronto, ON

Set I

Effervescence->

Carol Of The Bells->

Centragnome

Breakline

Uncle Travelling Matt

Set II

Crabwalk->

Darius

Lemondust->

A X-Mas Song->

Lemondust->

Basheeba->

Lemondust

Condor

Encore:

Tonto's Underwater Paradise

I got this setlist off Todd, so if there are mistakes, blame him!

Archived