Jambands.ca

Phish Catapult in Vegas

secondtube

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

not entirely, but its like, we'll put you on the front of our magazine for ratings, but then we'll talk crap about ya a week later.

I don't think that Rolling Stone, or any other magazine, puts artists on the cover because they "like" the artist in question - the feature artist is featured because they are currently "big" or there is a lot of buzz about them. This is what sells magazines. The writers and editors are allowed to form their own opinions regarding shows/bands/albums, just like we are - they just get to publish them in a national magazine, while we are restricted to Sanctuary. [smile]

Brian.

The crowd in Vegas only seemed to BOO after the liughts came up following Friday. I don't think it was booing because they didn't like the song, or even booing the band. They just were booing the fact that the show and run was over and that there were no more tunes. The second night was sick, the 2nd set especially. I enjoyed the enore as well. I agree that I would have probably picked another song from the catalog, but after 2.5 years of no Phish and not seeing Friday before I was happy as shit.

There are always critics of every show. Rolling Stone and everyone who is bitching about setlists can lick balls. The boys are playing very well and Vegas was pretty tight. I have seen bette Phish shows, but also lots of worse Phish shows. As they get going more and more the shows will get tighter and better. No crazy Vegas craziness, but solid shows and a good time all around (except for the crappy line to get in!)

Colin

Archived