Jambands.ca

Tenacious-Fucking- D!

mikey d

hahaha-- man i remember when I was a kid, and I really believed that pic was ligitimately some monster...haha... some dudes are having a great laugh at alot of people's expense.. and when the six million dollar man had his epic battles with B>F-- I almost shit my pants!!! hell, he was under my fuckin bed-- stealing my blankets.. hahahaha

the dvd is highlarious but I sure wouldn't waste my time or money on seeing them live again. I the "D" last January and it was funny for all about 25 minutes. The jokes where thin and the size of the audiance kills off the rest, not to mention the show I saw at the Warehouse was totally sold out and scalpers were charging $80 to get in!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Chewie:

does anyone else think jack black is a one trick pony?

Actually, I think he's not given credit as an actor these days, and people just hand him these roles where he's the typical crass-crazy guy. But I thought he was really good in thingslike Shallow Hal (crass in its own way but a role where he had to show at least a bit more range) and Cradle Will Rock (Kyle Glass is in that as well, they have a couple short but great scenes.) And for what it's worth I thought School of Rock was fun, even if it was essentially a long (if slightly bent) after-school-special plot.

I mean, Jack Black's no Gary Oldman or anything but he's a funny guy and he's got his place in the world IMHO.

Peace,

Mr. M.

From one trick pony to another one trick pony I'd have to say yes. School of Rock was pretty lame and could have been at least a touch better. I think it's because he really is starting to grow thin on people. Robin Williams is the same way. Why Mike Myers hasn't worn out his two trick pony routine ('scottish' guy and Austin Powers guy) is beyond me. Maybe they all need some better dramatic roles to save them. Myers is slated to play Keith Moon (as soon as they write a screenplay) which might be good.

Archived