Jambands.ca

jam cruise review>>>>

ggrtrhhrtgg

hello everyone.. at the request of SD, I would like to submit a personal review of the cruise... I was on the second cruise... First, it was well worth the $600+ cost.. I was in a cheap room, small, but clean, and you spend minimal time in your room... the boat was small compared to most cruise ships, and the disadvantages to that were rockiness, but, if you get sea sick, you get a patch for it, and the food on board was nothing to get excited about, nothing like what you would get on a five star cruise, but nonetheless, the small boat was a perfect fit... you don't need all the bells and whistles, and because it was smaller, it was much more quaint... the service was awesome, they really warmed up to the party scene, it was extremely well organized and hats off to Madison Travel for pulling off the experience of a life time for this dude... The venues were all small, two indoor venues that had limited room to dance, and seating if necessary, but there wasn't a shortage of space, a little hot, sweaty, but who cares... the main venue was on the deck, right by the hot tubs and pools and bar... it was amazing, dancing on a boat under the stars!!! incredible... The whole experience was incredibly intimate!!! I mean, not only are you partying with only 800 or so phanatics, but, the musicians were dancing and partying right along with you... your backstage pass, is your boarding pass... hell, I played soccer with Michael Franti!!! Bought a vodka redbull for Steve Molitz of Particle, (just a mild hint in that one)hehe... And as for the music, wow!!!! Spearhead had the crowd interactive, and when they played Freaky People>it's a family affair>What a wonderful world> freaky people.. with Denson jamming along.. amazing!! They uplifted the whole crowd, got everyone on the ground,(just like at the commodore).. Denson' tiny universe rocked!!!! Denson played with just about everyone on the ship!!! Les Claypool, was out of this world-- literally.. first night covered "The Wall" second night "shine on you crazy diamond-- both parts!!! Galactic jammed out some sick NewOrleans funk!!! blue grass??? -- you had Hackensaw Boys, and of course non other than YonderMountainString Band... For the super jammers, you know whom I am talking about, the ones that just never leave the dance floor, well Particle put on a crazy, high energy jam!!! on the last night, they were down stairs, at one of the indoor venues, and when Karl finished the "usual suspects" (the ones that I constantly danced with for four days, aka, superjammers) headed down to catch Particle, for they started early, played out their first set, and announced for everyone to go get some fresh air, for they would be the last band standing that night... sure enough, after Galactic, they were still going, the room filled up and they responded!!! they played til the power was cut-off!!! and then played a drum solo, with Molitz walking through the crowd with a mini blow-board!!! crazy!!! and SD-- the Biscuits?? well, Sammy Altman, actually broke his hand putting it through glass.. not sure why... but, he didn't play the second show, however, I had the pleasure to catch the first of two Biscuit shows in Fort Lauterdale at the Culture Club, and that night, they had two drum kits, and Sammy played one handed!!! So, to rap it up... if the opportunity arises, go!!! you cannot match the feeling of live music on the ocean, and you cannot match the intimacy anywhere!!! There was only one state that was not represented, and that was South Dakota!! the entire four days was "all about the Love." Just put it this way, I no longer eat meat!!! haha... peace and love to all... yours truly, marc

agreed.

after the rave reviews coming in from all ends on both cruises i would imagine many more will be taking place. perhaps even larger one....but hopefully smaller more focused events with fewer bands and more playing time for each....but i'm just greedy that way. [Wink]

Archived