Jambands.ca

7 star hotel

MamaPink

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

where exactly is this Days Inn located?

I believe it's in Dubai, UAE; ISTR seeing a travel/adventure show that included it. The hotel owns a fleet of white Rolls-Royces to transport its guests, an each room includes its own butler.

The hotel's website is here; IIRC, the hotel is shaped like an Arab sailing vessel.

Aloha,

Brad

There was a show about this on Discovery I believe, "Frontiers Of Construction" I think it was. I didn't see the whole thing, but one of the things is that apparently there are all these crazy light display things that go all the way up and down the inside and outside of the building, and they're sync'ed up so they don't freak out the people in the elevators! Pretty amazing place, would be great to see it someday - although I've got to say traveling to Dubai has never exactly been on my top-10 list! [Wink]

Peace,

Mr. M.

I haven't been to Dubai but I've heard many crazy stories about it. Unbelievable amounts of wealth, concentrated ina very small (in terms of native population) country. Hundreds of thousands of foreign workers who come to Dubai to earn American dollars, and leave families and children at home for 10 or 15 years while they live in a housing compound and almost starve themselves to save up as much as possible. And when they reconvert their salaries into local currency (Rupees in India, let's say) they are bloody millionaires, even if they worked as street cleaners in Dubai.

It's a place I might visit for a couple of days but the overpowering smell of greed would probably choke most people.

Just for some sort of scale, the hotel is 50 feet taller than the empire state building... US$1500 / night...

When I was in Afghanistan, Dubai was referred to as Sin City East, a place where muslims go to escape Islam for the weekend. Sex is as easy as pointing at a girl and saying 'how much', according to the guys that take their vacations there.

Kinda gross....

ad

Archived