Jambands.ca

Dylan's back

HaMike

Highly recommended by the Marge-i-na-tor.

Not only is this man legendary, but I was blown away by his amazing vocal range when I saw him at the ACC a couple of years ago. I never realized that he could actually sing so well! Checking Dylan off your concert list should be a MUST (depending on the $$$ of course).

Joint sub-committee meeting in the G.A. zone?

quote:

Originally posted by Sunshine:

Does anyone know if The Waifs are still touring with him?

Not anymore,he just finished a huge European tour in the fall and the Waifs only toured for some summer shows with him.

I do have one Waifs show from earlier this year where they opened for Dylan.It actually cam as a 3 CD set with both Bob Dylan sets also.Great show,first time hearing the Waifs myself.

2003-05-16 Birmingham,AL

quote:

Originally posted by Large Marge:

Highly recommended by the Marge-i-na-tor.

Not only is this man legendary, but I was blown away by his amazing vocal range when I saw him at the ACC a couple of years ago. I never realized that he could actually sing so well! Checking Dylan off your concert list should be a MUST

Agreed.

I have seen Dylan around 28 times I guess,since 1985 and he's the only band/musician that is more important to me then The Grateful Dead.

quote:

maybe ill check this one out. as of yet, i havent been able to get into any dylan whatsoever, aside from the basement tapes but im realy just a fan of the band,

Then there is alot more albums you need to check out,the band recorded more then just that album with him all,I love that combo, Dylan/Band.

-Planet Waves

-Before The flood

Are another two albums.

I have a 26 disc box set of the complete 1966 world tour that was what put the Band on the map before the Big Pink album.Dylan grabbed them from Hawkins for this tour.Great call by Bob they were great togther then also.

Many a show with the band.There's some great shows from '74 worth checking out that have the Band,Neil Young & Bob.

quote:

maybe ill check this one out. as of yet, i havent been able to get into any dylan whatsoever, aside from the basement tapes but im realy just a fan of the band, but i think seeing him live may reverse my feelings.

If you aren't sold on his studio stuff, I doubt the live show will sell you.

Dylan can rock live but it is undoubtedly his lyrics that make him my fave songwriter. If you can't get into any Dylan whatsoever I wouldn't waste your money on the show. I can love Dylan on paper as much or more as Dylan live. I'd put him up there with Shakespere and the Beatles as one of the undisputed most artistic artists ever.

Download 'It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)'; if you still don't dig him, give up.

quote:

Originally posted by number 2:

heh Esau, monday april 19th I will be there... guess your a friend of Lara's... we share something else in common....

Yes,in fact I am & yes,I guess it is. [big Grin]

I found this tonight also,guess I have been downloading so much live Bob I missed out on hearing about this sooner,but not to late anyway.There's a cool little trailer for this on the site also.

Bob Dylan World Tour 1966 - "The Home Movies"

I never realized until tonight that biker/construction worker actor(Mickey Jones) that has been on all kinds of TV shows like Tool time(for example) was the drummer for Bob Dylan in 1966.Shit I learn somthing about Dylan everyday.

Archived