Jambands.ca

my engine blowed up yesterday :(

irie.

Awww that really sucks! I think I am having the same problem with my VW Cabriolet, the engine is going to blow soon. I keep on checking the fluids everytime I drive it, but I have decided not to drive it until the summer so that I can have some fun with it yet!

What was the cause of it blowing up? What kind of car was it? Hopefully you can find a new engine at a junk yard.

thankfully i live in 'car town'. we have the largest car show on the east coast here....car shows all summer long so i'm sure i'll be able to find an engine [and maybe someone to put it in for me for a couple cases of beer]. now just to figure out if it's worth it. it's a 91 corolla. it might be more cost efficient to just get a new car.

quote:

Originally posted by irie.:

thankfully i live in 'car town'. we have the largest car show on the east coast here....car shows all summer long so i'm sure i'll be able to find an engine [and maybe someone to put it in for me for a couple cases of beer]. now just to figure out if it's worth it. it's a 91 corolla. it might be more cost efficient to just get a new car.

Hey K,

Sorry I split so quick yesterday,electrical emergency at a buddies place,so I had to get things running again.

I would think with that car you will be far better off to get another one,the money you would spend on repairing that(although goin with what you told me yesterday at TP mind you) would probally cost almost the same to buy another used,more reliable car.

Talk soon -

[big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by irie.:

i wish i had taken autoshop in highschool instead of graphics!

it's NEVER too late to learn som'n new irie

female mechanics are certainly heady in my opinion [Wink]

oh yeah, if you do buy another car...get a Volvo [big Grin] earthfreaks 240wagon is SO reliable....it's a sweet-mobile for sure.

ooooh, i'm so sorry your car died! car troubles are such a pain in the ass, & the cause of so much stupid stress! as for what you should do, since we're talking the uber awesome corolla, i would vote seeing about getting it fixed.

in sept.1999, i bought a a 1983 toyota corolla (only cost $300!) and that pup made it from duncan, bc (point of purchase) to san fran, and allllllll the way back to k-dub. the car lasted for a whole year, with only the spark plugs needing to be changed (though when it died, it definitely died. i don't think automatic cars are supposed to go backwards when in "drive" [smile] ).

point = big giant flaming thumbs up on toyota corollas. there's enough old ones around you'll probably be able to find an engine/parts for a fairly decent price, and whatever you'd spend on a new engine will probably be less than a new car... any car you'd get for about the same price as a new engine will likely require repairs at some point not too far down the road.

but if fixing it is out of the question, may it rest in piece. or pieces. nyuk, nyuk. did your baby have a name?

Amen. Fuck all the other makes and models because you can't beat the Toyota Corolla on a balance of high quality, excellent fuel efficency, low maintenance and low insurance. My 1995 Corolla has 165 000 kms on it and it still purrs, it turns over in -40 after being parked outside in Ottawa for a week, and I probably spend about $150 a year maintaining it.

Plus it has Jerry bears and a fruitcakey purple-beige tint...I call those my anti-theft devices.

Archived