Jambands.ca

North Mississippi Allstars

Jared

It's too bad neither Robert Randolph nor the North Mississippi Allstars have a day off on one of the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights, 'cuz we could've had ourselves a partial "Word" collaberation, but unless RR were to cross the border on Tuesday and again on Thursday, it doesn't look feasible - damn [Frown]

Anyway, gotta work Tuesday night, so looks like Wednesday and Thursday for this girl. Great week for shows...it's about time! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by tatterdemalion:

that latest NMAS album is weak. and i love these guys. i just hope their live music isn't anything as soft as that studio production. a man of chris chew's magnitude shouldn't be a part of music that soft. don't tell him i said that, of course.

Actually, their last two albums are weak, however, you seem surprisingly ignorant of the Allstars " live " abilities.

These guys " bring it " hard in concert and Chris Chew, Cody and Duwayne are great role-players in this band. It's Luther's show and the NMA's are only as good as he is on any given night.

Fortunately, the Allstars are a great live band and should not be missed. Nice guys too.

Note: if you have a girlfriend, keep her away from Chris Chew's wandering hands.

i thought Shake Hands With Shorty was awesome, so it was not surprising to see them 'bring it' on the several occasions that i'd seen them during that album's support. i personally don't like Polaris, so i'm hoping that their live abilities can make up for it. i guess i'll find out next week, although i'm more going to their show for Mofro. Mofro should never be opening for anybody.

quote:

Originally posted by tatterdemalion:

although i'm more going to their show for Mofro. Mofro should never be opening for anybody.

Yes they should!

I saw Mofro appropriately open for Galactic/Jeff Beck/B.B. King.

Mofro are a good band. I actually like them better than Galactic - a band that I'm continually cooling on.

wow, those guys really rocked tonight, but i was definatly suprised when they stoped at 12:30 i guess they do things diffrent down south, i'd also have to say it was definatly the loudest show i've ever seen, its a good thing some guy hooked me up with ear plugs or i was thinking of leaving. and the 18 bucks wasn't really woth the 2 hours but it would have befinatly been worth a third

Archived