Jambands.ca

Shaker rumour...

Del

I heard this up in Ottawa, can't remember who told me, but the source sounded pretty legit at the time.

Friday night:

The Slip headlining, AGP 3am -> sunrise

Saturday night:

JSB headlining, The Slip 3am -> sunrise

A lot of people knew about the AGP all night set, but I am thinking that a Slip set from 3am -> sunrise would allow me to die a happy man...

Again, just a rumour, thought I'd pass it along.

Ahess,

Have you been out here to the Maritimes? JSB along with that other E(G)ast C(T)oast B(B)and, are freakin huge. They play practically twice a month in each city, to the same 200+ people at every turn.

While the rest of the country may not get this scene- do not underestimate the power of Maritimers supporting their own.

While, JSB will not sell out this festival on their own- they will certainly sell alot of tickets and be talked about feverishly.

S

ps. **Edited** just because I don't like trance jams I shouldn't be slandering.... sorry.

I have been out East a few times and I'm well aware that JSB is huge. But the attention that the shaker is getting by inbreds and purebreds alike is largely due to The Slip deciding to play two nights there. As I said, it has less to do with merit and more to do with mass appeal, which will apparently is going to draw some cross-border traffic to the Shaker too.

I realize full well that this is not a commercial venture or a Bonnaroo, I'm just trying to be up-front about why I'm deciding to go to this, and what I hope to get out of it: A whole whack of good bands and one exceptional band headlining two nights [smile]

hey guys...

well I hate to be the party pooper here but the rumor you've heard about the slip playing all night is not so true....

We had a meeting this weekend and discussed the time slots for each band and will be releasing the schedule within the next couple weeks.

keep checking www.woodbournefarm.homestead.com for updates and for Contact info to get your name on the master list.

Eloise

lemmings following the trance off the cliff eh....interesting! Im not even gonna touch it....

Like I said, I heard it as a rumour. I wasn't putting too much faith in an all night Slip set... But damn, that would have been sweet! I guess I'll have to settle for 3 nights of The Slip (Montreal-> Shaker-> Shaker).

quote:

Originally posted by Del-Head:

I heard this up in Ottawa, can't remember who told me, but the source sounded pretty legit at the time.

Friday night:

The Slip headlining, AGP 3am -> sunrise

Quoted from Farley on Jamhub.ca in this thread Here.

quote:

Also, folks, for the record, Raisinhill will be headlining the first night (Fri, May 28th) of the 2004 Spring Shaker. This slot starts at 3:30 AM and will stop whenever the band runs out of songs, gets tired, or blows up the PA system.

Just thought I'd throw this in here,for ya'll.

Archived