Jambands.ca

Raisinhill in Hamilton - friday

bouche

Relix's On the Verge noted Raisinhill in a recent issue, and Jambands.com featured them as a new groove of the month. Knowing how both publications recognize Canadian jamband favourites such as nero, Grand Theft Bus, and Hiway Freeker in the same sections - how could anyone miss this event?

Raisinhill is a trio of talented musicians that are also up for a new groove Jammy award. You can catch them this Friday, March 5th at Pepperjack Café in Hamilton,ON

Tell us far away people all about it.

Raisinhill is a great band. We played a festival last summer with them somewhere in NY. They're all fantastic musicians playing good tunes. I think contact is opening for them which makes this show pretty darn appealing. People certainly don't talk about Contact enough. I think they're a great band as well.

some fine recommendations there, not often we get Ottawa pushing the show for us, and I definately owe Contact a listen

be duckin out on set break to hear what Mickey DeSadist (Forgotten Rebels)'s solo stuff is sounding like... quite a character

where is Raisinhill from?

"This articulate guitar-led instrumental trio from Connecticut should confirm the prejudice of anyone who feels that instruments speak more eloquently than singers. The tunes on their eponymous debut, related casually over taut grooves, resemble Frisellian road movies or Eno-esque boat trips between exotic islands."

Bad news about contact playing with Raisinhill...don't know the details, but we're no longer opening for them

We will, however, be in Hamilton on April 1 at Mermaid's Lounge in Hess Village

p.s. Sorry, i guess i haven't introduced myself - I'm a good friend of M...most people know me as shakey and i'm the percussionist in contact

www.contacttheband.ca

hey bouche - i'm safety 4th here...at one of the frontier town festivals, we had a bunch of bottle rockets that were actually made by a company called safety 4th inc - it turned into a huge thing where people were naming what could possibly be 1st, 2nd and 3rd if safety was 4th...

i guess shakey would make more sense though, now wouldn't it?

Archived