Jambands.ca

Bluegrass fans--->

Del

Relix Magazine October/November 2003

"The High On The Hog Band concentrates on playing old-time string band music that predates the popularization of bluegrass in the 1940s. It's starker and more organic in its content but quite compelling. All the members are dexterous players and all add vocals. Despite the sparseness of the sound, this is shit-kicking, foot-stomping music full of vitality and surprisingly more complex than it initially sounds. If you enjoy the music of contemporary bands such as Leftover Salmon and Donna the Buffalo, or have a hankering for the O Brother Where Art Thou? groove, these guys have something to offer-honest roots music that's played with a mix of panache and precision. The band's excellent CD, Last Chance, draws on pretty obscure but fine traditional tunes."

I've heard these guys,had a show in a mystery "grab bag" of SHN's but passed it along with my picks.Wasn't my style of BG.

Still stuck in the traditional BG I guess.

Jimmy martin,String Bean,Country Gentlemen (I've got three awesome shows of these guys) and a couple of the "Tut Taylor Reels" coverted to CDR,amazing traditional BG.

These guys are good though,don't get me wrong,but like LOS they just don't grab me the same as the old stuff does.

Thanks for the link.

Saw these guys in September at the

YMSBs Kinfolk fest in Colorado. Phun

stuff. The planet bluegrass festival

site in Lyons is amazing! Onsite car

camping, hot showers, all within a

red canyon along a river!! And Fat

Tire beer sold in the venue [smile]

http://www.planetbluegrass.com/

http://www.yondermountain.com

Another Great Festival and location

is Smilefest in NC. I went a couple