Jambands.ca

Testimony of a Canucks fan

greasyfizeek

That was absolutely shameful & disgusting... and it could have been avoided.

1. Get rid of the instigator rule. Moore would have recived retribution for his hit on Naslund immediately if that rule were not in place... and may have not even committed that hit on Nazzy if he knew he was going to get his head punched in for it.

2. Moore actually picked a fight with Cooke in the first... another little guy... so that hardly ended things... just made the Nuckers want to kick his ass even worse as Cooke's a wimp.

3. Moore had the chance to fight either Sean Pronger or Jarkko Ruutu earlier in the shift that he got injured by Bertuzzi. If he'd answered the bell then, he could have avoided the big idiot goon.

4. Don't turn your back on a big idiot goon when you know he wants to kill you... that's just stupid & innocent. Protect yourself at all times. Moore knew Bertuzzi was there... Bert tried to get him to drop the gloves and when Moore went to skate away (turning his back) he got cheap-shot.

5. What was Moore even doing on the ice in an 8-2 game with a half a period left to play when Granato knew the Canucks wanted to get at the guy? Granato fed him to the lions... and that was just stupid.

I hope none of us are ever forced to witness something like this again... and I hope the NHL take the necessary steps to ensure this.

Shameful indeed.

A sad day in Canuckland.

Sanderson was a goal scorer as a Whaler for sure...

When was that again?

Not that Francis for the Leafs is any younger but this is one rent-a player I like... this looks to be a pretty all around crazy play offs... alot of teams startin to peak and a lot startin to get to know each other...

I will say I think a t least in the east the Leafs and Sens made the best moves...

In the West it looks like Colorado but damn i thought Aebisher (sp?) was having a great year.... guess they didnt feel the kid could do it bringing in Salo... though still a good play off move...

Guest Low Roller

The verdict is in:

Bertuzzi is suspended for the rest of the season (12 games) and the playoffs. The Canucks are also fined $250,000 USD. Bertuzzi will also need to have a one-on-one chat with league comissioner Gary Bettman to see whether the suspension will be lifted at the start of training camp.

I personally think that this is way too light a sentence for breaking another player's neck. I'm guessing that the league is absorbing some of the responsibility for allowing such a visible degradation of discipline this season in order to improve ticket sales. His suspension doesn't even match the McSorley hit on Brashear which is total garbage. Bertuzzi will forfeit at least 501K in salaries during the suspension.

Archived