Jambands.ca

Testimony of a Canucks fan

greasyfizeek

Just wanted to apopolgize on behalf of all canucks fan for the debaucle of last night's suckerpunch by Todd Bertuzzi on Steve Moore (the guy who it naslund).

Moore has a broken neck and will undergo an MRI. Bertuzzi is facing a 10-15 game suspension. Kiss all cup hopes goodbye.

A sad, sad day in Canuck land.

Feel shame Todd, feel shame.

greasyfizeek

quote:

I hope that comes into play when they determine the length of his suspension

I hope it doesn't, you cant judge a suspension by the degree of the injury sustained in the incident, what if he didn't break his neck, its still a malicious play.

Its like checking someone from behind two feet away from the boards, if the guy gets fucked do you give him more games than a guy who could have potentially got fucked, dont think that sounds right.

I think three things need to happen here....

one)--Bertuzzi deserves a lengthy suspension, you can't chase guys around the arena and punch them in the back of the head...

two)--get rid of the stupid instigator rule!! Because they would never happen if you did....

three)-- Roberts had a cracked vertabrae, and he was able to come back and play, I pray the same can be said for Moore--

I agree with you C-Towns, but I am just talking about this particular incident.

He chased him around the rink, then he broke his neck. How many games is that worth? I have no idea, but something has to give sooner or later, cause someone is going to get killed some day.

I live in Victoria, and don't have a TV but listened to the game on the radio. I was deeply, deeply sickened by what I heard last night.

Now, to see the news that Moore has a broken neck, I must say that I am officially jumping off the Canucks bandwagon today, after being a fan since childhood... at least for this season I have no love to give the Canucks.

I think that Bertuzzi should be suspended for a full season, without pay... and criminally charged.

SICK

What Bertuzzi did was wrong, however, it seemed like it was the big pile-up of other players on top of Bertuzzi and Moore after the hit that broke his neck... This doesn't excuse what he did, but it should be taken into account if a major suspension is being given out.

I feel the same way about this as I did with McSorely on Brashear, obviously what he did was wrong, there's no disputing that but there is NO WAY that police should be involved. Let the NHL deal with it however they feel necessary but criminal charges I don't think are warranted. Stupid play in Bertuzzi but you know he wasn't tryin to break the kids neck. None of this would have happened if there wasn't the instigator rule...

On a further note (and I know this will probably piss more peeps off) but the other thing about it is that all Moore had to do was step up to the plate and drop the gloves with somebody(anybody). He is a pretty tough young kid from what I hear so screw it, drop the gloves with whoever and do what ya gotta do, you may take a few lumps, but hey sure clears the air right quick. Once again I reiterate, what Bertuzzi did was absolutely wrong, this is just my .$02

quote:

Originally posted by Diggzz:

On a further note (and I know this will probably piss more peeps off) but the other thing about it is that all Moore had to do was step up to the plate and drop the gloves with somebody(anybody). He is a pretty tough young kid from what I hear so screw it, drop the gloves with whoever and do what ya gotta do, you may take a few lumps, but hey sure clears the air right quick. Once again I reiterate, what Bertuzzi did was absolutely wrong, this is just my .$02

Moore did step up and fight earlier in the game. He had a good fight with some dude, and he for sure thought it was over, but Bertuzzi is an idiot. Crawford and Burke should get some punishment as well for inciting this crap...

I dont think too many people would dispute the fact that the 'instigator' penalty is a joke, and what we are seeing is the direct result of it. I also agree with you Diggzz, in that the police shouldnt be involved.

If teams cant police themselves, who is going to police for them?

"I dunno, Coastguard?"

Where are you sensing this hostility from dude? This thread seems pretty laid back too me, with the exception of your comments...

*Looks like Van picked up Geoff Sanderson too, I've always liked this guy, I'm pretty sure it stems back to NHL on the Sega Genisis when he was a Whaler.

Archived