Jambands.ca

***The Slip w/ GTB May 27th In Montreal***

show---whore

That site has a horrible interface, and not because it's in French (I'm fluent). It's also not particularly friendly to all browsers under the sun. If there's a ticket purchase page, I can't find it.

Guess I'll visit or phone the venue box office...

And, to answer the previous question, yes, I'll be taping (if I can get a ticket, of course).

Thanks, Brad!

Actually, admission.com's monopoly has been broken of late, with a new player, ticketpro.ca, entering the fray. The moe. /nero show last November sold thru them. I was sure that the Cabaret was now part of the ticketpro network, but I guess not. Think I'll buy straight from the venue anyway.

Looking forward to the show, but I'm having some DAT recorder woes since taping Nero last Sat. nite. Hope to have everything resolved by the 27th, but are there any other tapers planning on attending, in case we need a plan b?

OK, I'm going; I just ordered my ticket. Which hotel(s) are people using?

tangerineman, I'd assume that there'll be some serious Slip tapers coming, but I'll probably have at least a small rig (stealth mics + MD).

Aloha,

Brad

Bard Barr on the upcomming Montreal show.

And Montreal, what have your experiences been like there?

I love Montreal. It’s really the only other city I would want to live in if I moved from Boston. There is such a strong culture and easygoingness that I admire. Not to generalize but I think Canada is a very forward thinking and common sense kind of place.

Every show lately has been a great experience. I’ve been really walking off stage with a great feeling. The new material has given us a new kick and we’ve been picking a classic song to pull out of the vault to play. I would say expect a different and better version of this group for the Montreal show. We’ve always had great shows there… our first show we had to sneak across the boarder because the bar didn’t do the proper paper work. We borrowed gear from a Montreal punk band. I borrowed their guitar and amp; I did bring my own pick… But there was this energy at the show, like “We pulled it off” and something about that first night that has really set the tone. So we’ve tended to play great shows in that city.

The next show you are doing is at a larger venue, how will that change the experience?

Although I like intimate club shows, larger venues like Le Cabaret is a more enhanced experience, I feel that the more people fill the room, the more energy and the band has to work with, there’s this really spectacular feeling you guy by playing to a lot of people.

Expect some surprises... I’ve being doing a fair share of nylon string acoustic stuff. Andrew and Marc have worked out this bass and drum thing that they are excited to debut. I think it’s going to a very full and interested sound. And I think with all the new gear that we’re using there is a more visual aspect of the show. More than any other show, I’ve been looking forward to this one.

For more info on the Slip visit: www.theslip.com

slip-gal-4588.jpg

see-y'all in Montreal....

U.F. Productions, NLE and Jamhub.ca present

The Slip w/ Grand Theft Bus

www.theslip.com

Thursday May 27th @ The Cabaret Music Hall

2111 St-Laurent Montreal www.admission.com

FROM THE SLIP WEBSITE:

www.theslip.com

Shaker Cancelled:

As some of you may know, the Shaker Fest in New Brunswick has been cancelled. However, we are still playing in Montreal at The Cabaret on Thursday, so come cross the border for a night of disorder

Archived