Jambands.ca

Is it possible....

Douglas

...to get so addicted to a computer???

My lord...

Since I started my new job a few weeks ago, I can't seem to stay off the computer when I get home! I'm on a computer all night at work, then I come home and sit my butt down infront of this computer! I get up the next day, and away I go again! I just can't stop!!!!

I wasn't like this before. I'd go online to look for jobs, check out the skank, read some mail...but that was it. Now it seems as though my ass and the computer chair are magnetized!!! And it's not even that comfy of a seat!

And it's not just the internet folks....for some reason, I'm clicking around the pc in all sorts of places...just because!!! It's driving me mental!

I JUST CAN'T STOP!!! [Eek!]

Signed,

Open-to-suggestions in Ottawa

this is what I had to do:

Just don't turn it on when you get home....

Take some time and do some things for yourself.... pick up a book, go for a walk (although i'm sure Ottawa is still freezing), whatever you like to do!

Then after you do a few things for yourself and you maybe only have one hour before you go to bed....then turn on the computer.

I guess it's just where your priorities are.....

It's kinda like quiting smoking....just stop! Although that really sucks too!!!

You can do it!!!!

Hey Ms. Huxtable

I haven't bought a pack since that day I posted that I was quiting.....however, I have broken down a couple of times and had a smoke.

But I am proud that I haven't bought a pack and most of my cravings are gone. It still sucks when I'm drinking though!!!!

London Bars are going non-smoking as of July 1st! You can't even smoke on the patios!

Thanks for asking. I also joined the gym and work-out 4 days a week - so that keeps me occupied!

Guest Low Roller

From first-hand experience, I can tell you that getting a PS2 will get one away from the computer and in the much more comfier surroundings of one's couch in front of the TV. [Wink]

in this dull season i often find myself infront of the pc for hours on end, but once the summer hits i have hundreds of other options.

and on the other topic, peterborough has been smoke free for a while now. I guess it's good for most people, but I cant even smoke at a show without going outside and missing something.

Archived