Jambands.ca

Request for Dye

h

Hey, i keep forgetting to ask mike, but i would like to make a request to anyone who knows where to get real good tie dye dies to pick me up a blue and a purple... well, anyone who knows me ofcourse...

i don't know how much they cost, but i thought they sold them at shows or you might know a good hippy shop or something - people use to just bring them back from dead shows for me but i no longer have the good dye connections anymore...

sooo, how much do they cost? if it's cheap, i'll get more colours if anyone doesn't mind hauling back a few for me?

hmm, that's much more work than someone just bringing me back a coupla jugs o' dye...

graham - i wore tie dyes when you were still begging your dad to buy you that must have red and black zippered jacket just like michael jacksons wink.gif" border="0

but like... it's the same as coke ... i just never bought the dyes myself man, safer that way wink.gif" border="0

i've tried the zellers stuff, thanks catphish, but it just aint the same for me... you must be much better at it than me cuz that stuff always turns everything kinda grey and crappy

$30 US for just a blue and a purple - you guys must be rich! - i'll check it out though, thanks for the link.

I guess you didn't spend very much time exploring what's available to you.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1968-AA.shtml

You must be rich to spend $25 for one shirt, where as with a kit you can get 20 shirts for $22.

this starter kit is 22 $us. it gives you the 3 basic colours (Red, yellow and blue) you can make any colour with this + all the chems you need + squeese bottles rubber bands and instructions.

they also have a product called Tie-Dye cords. I've used it, very easy and works grate. You just tye the shirts with the cords and put in boiling water Viola you have tie-dyes.

its much more fun to make your own. we can even have tie-dye partys at Grahams place. That way we have more dyes and equipment.

ya, thanks for the tip andy, i'm up there now, hadn't gone before. they have some nice clothes too. I dont' need t-shirts, i just have some stuff at home i want to play with, but i'm sure i'll find some cool stuff up here to buy.

Let me know if you're having a dye party at Grahams, that would be great.

ya, i was just checking out those cords - not the colours i was looking for, but maybe i'll just grab some of those and have some fun - i did have some specific pieces i was going to play with, but the cords are cheap, i could just change my plans and make some more traditional looking tie dye stuff...

looks like fun. hey harpua, how about that party?

If we bug Harpua enough.. we could have a party there.

How about it Graham? I'm pretty sure your tye-dye collection is shrinking.

ps. I you are ordering I think its cheeper to order all the stuff once (save delivery.. just add the starter kit, that way you will have it when you need it). Those chems is the stuff that stops your tyes go gray and crappy like the Zellers stuff. cool.gif" border="0

ya, it was years and years ago that we use to tie dye stuff, but y'know what? i'll come clean here... i dont' remember there being so many chemicals - the guys would just come back and we'd tie dye some stuff... maybe there were chemicals - shit i dunno, i'm gonna get the cords, cords are looking good to me and jacob can play with them too... thanks for the tip!

hey does anyone work down by rideau street? do you think they'd have the cords at top of the world? or did that place turn into a skater shop - seemed to be moving in that direction when i was last there... i wonder if they'd have them at crosstown traffic ... hmmm

ok so i ordered the tie dye cords - they're on the way - i hope i didn't need any of the prewash shit, i actually sent an email to them with the order asking them if i need anything else - hopefully they'll reply and let me know before they ship.

fun fun with colours

No you dont need anything else..

You just tie your undies with the cords ( the purple one is pretty strong) put it in a zipLock with a little bit of boiling water (just enough to cover your undie) + a bit of salt. then you immerse that in a larger bowl of boiling water for 20-30 mins.

They tell you to put the thing in a bowl of boiling water.. then you are wasting all the dye into the big bowl of water. Using the ziplock will keep more dye close to your undie.

Have fun..

Graham, what about that T-dye party..

Archived