Jambands.ca

sweeeet, I got a place in T.O.

PhishyK

Word to the herd

I got a place in Toronto over the internet dude! I'm now sending a ton of cash to my new landlord.

So who lives near Cabbagetown/Boystown?

Let's hang out. My new place is on Seaton south of Gerrard, East of Sherbourne.

Big smoke, here I come.

:-)

Boystown? I think Mickey Rooney or Spencer Tracey (as the drunken Irish priest) might be nearby, but other than that i'm totally baffled!

Congrats on the new digs, phishy! Drop by K-town sometime in the near future...

by the way, please never forget yer Western roots and start cheering for the leafs...its an evil cult and all you'll get out of it is disappointment...

-

Congrats Phishy. By-the-by, Boystown is no where near your place. Anyway, I like Cabbagetown. It has real character. We should hook-up. Maybe we could even jam? I play sloppy blues/funk guitar, with a dash of Zappa madness for good measure. Also, I like your website. When you get here, you should place adds in Now & Eye magazines ( as a start ). Talk to you soon.

Well... the original post proves that I haven't got much of a start on the city's geography.

But nevertheless I am pumped. Thanks for all the congrats and advice. I look forward to meeting all of you and sweating my weather-wimp ass off.

P.S. WEST COAST 4 LIFE BEEEYOTCH

It's 36 in Toronto and that's not including humidity. The strange thing is, it's not sunny. We've been having violent storms for the past 2 days. My TV stations are not functioning well at all. Example? Check out MuchMoreMusic right now. It should be " out " all over Canada.

hey Jaimoe, how the hell do you deal with that heat? Do you just sit there dead-like?

Damn man, when it gets hot here, I just sit around and moan. Do you have A/C at your place? If so, do you use it lots?

Vancouver Canucks - Stanley Cup 2003

-kev

this sticky heat is madness. it is really hard to take. enjoy the coast and the cool breezes while you can, kev - i miss the island already. but the people and the music out here are worth the trip. for sure. let me know when you move in to toronto - i'll be lookin for a new couch to call my home [Wink]

aww jeez caroline, hearing you say that you miss the island just makes my heart groan! i'm really going to miss this place too. but hey, gotta climb out of the womb eventually. i really hope we can hang out and puff a nug out there. we'll have a couch for you [smile]

mad love

special k

Cyber: perhaps I should bring a case or two of BC beer out to you all. It's the best in the world. Along with the ganja...

Shit man, I gotta drop this BC pride thing or I'm gonna get my arse kicked.

Jason: funny! complaining is the way I deal with the heat too! I'm sure we'll get along great [smile]

I am gonna kick yer arse if you dont come and visit us in Ottawa some day you FATBASStard...

Just let us know when you have the time. Glad to see you have made it hear.

Speaking of which, get your friends to mail 'home-made cadles' if you know what I mean [Wink]

Email me if you dont [big Grin]

hehehe... I'm the Fatbasstard [big Grin]

Yo yo Booche, I'll be hittin the 'Smoke on September 1st and soon after will be cruising to Ottawa to chill with the j4m cr3w. My girlfriend's sister lives in Ottawa and is having a wedding in early October. I'll be there with candles lit.

How long of a drive is it from TO to OT?

p.s. go canucks

quote:

Originally posted by Phishy K:

How long of a drive is it from TO to OT?

Depends how you drive and what time of day you do it ... 4.5 to 5 hours, methinks, but a friend of mine recently spent 8 hours on the road because he hit peak-hour traffic.