Jambands.ca

Some Possibly Good News

bradm

Amidst all the psychic carnage and shattered dreams of those who got no or little in the way of bountiful yuletide missives from Phish* comes the following story in the Ottawa Sun.

First, the when:

quote:

From Justice Minister Martin Cauchon:

I don't like to give you a date, or a time frame, but let's say the beginning of next year, the four first months of next year.

Now the what:

quote:

From a parliamentary committee report:

It's expected the special committee will support the proposition that growing pot for personal use should not be a crime.

Can I get a [big Grin] from the crowd?

Aloha,

Brad

* Has anybody ever realized that one of the symbols for Jesus Christ is a fish?

Of course, aside from Phish, there's another reason to move to Vegas:

quote:

From the

If Nevada voters pass Question 9 in November and again in two years, people 21 and older will be able to legally possess up to 3 ounces of marijuana in their home, but not in vehicles or public places. Use of the drug by minors also would remain illegal, as would driving under the influence of marijuana. The drug also would be sold in smoke shops and taxed.

Um, three ounces is about 85 grams, people.

Aloha,

Brad

agreed Momack...

I personally haven't walked in fear because of pot in my pocket in 15 years so it doesn't affect me much... but it still seems like a sensible gesture that puts the Canadian people first and makes us look good in world opinion... certainly non conforming to American scare tactics... I'd like to think that canada is learning (or re-learning) to make its own decisions of policy...

but I re-iterate... vote for whomever is willing to help make Canada a country that can be proud of itself for being good and humane to its citizens and the world as a whole...

[big Grin]

Not entirely my place to say... but amidst the "vote for the red guys" stuff... just remember that maybe just maybe, there are more important issues to be considered then legalization of pot. Maybe, not bowing down to American pressures to fight in stupid wars, or implementing pharmacare or day care, or protecting our health care system, or increasing transfer payments to provinces for education should come into play when deciding who to vote for. Pot is pot.

....nor have I walked in fear of being busted for possessing pot...ever realy....though it should be pointed out that I am a white girl living in a white girls middle class world.

I am glad they are addressing this issue...next! Perhaps too this may pave the way for more hemp based products....paper,gas etc..I hope the implications of this are as huge as they can be.

Fuck you George junior...