Jambands.ca

Roll Call Tortoise in Ottawa

Stapes

You'd better believe I'll be there... Saw Tortoise for the first time at the Embassy in London maybe 7 years ago... Saw them last at BOnnaroo last year... Tonight's gonna be so sweet... Four Tet is pretty good as well....

ad

Yup let's do that. I've seen you countless times at shows but I'm not really prone to introducing myself... I will do my darndest tonight... I know Eric, so I'll find you pretty easily if you're gonna be with him...

AD

I'm pretty sure the band does, but you'll have a hell of a time convincing the meatheads at Capital that what you propose to do is even legal, let alone permitable...

Good luck, if I were you I'd go early, find out the name of Tortoise's manager, talk to him if possible, then try to bring in your equipment...

AD

I'm pretty sure the band does, but you'll have a hell of a time convincing the meatheads at Capital that what you propose to do is even legal, let alone permitable...

Good luck, if I were you I'd go early, find out the name of Tortoise's manager, talk to him if possible, then try to bring in your equipment...

AD

I think I'll pass on this one; I prefer to have a clear-cut statement from the artist, and know that the venue is cool with it as well (and the CMH security staph can be a bit nasty at times). Also, since they're not archive-friendly, my preferred means of distribution is cut off.

Instead, I'll just party like I was at a concert but not taping...because I'll be at a concert but not taping...

What time was everybody planning on getting there? Pre-show meet-up, anybody? (Remember, the CMH smoking section is good for tobacco, but not much else...)

Aloha,

Brad