Jambands.ca

What TV show would you want to be on???

Sunshine

would love to star in a remake of the mid-70's series Kolchak - The Night Stalker

loved the show as a kid... Kolchak, a reporter for a struggling newspaper, would note the oddness of crimes around the city and, being knowledgable of the occult, would be the only one to realize that a zombie or vampire or vengeful headless motorcyclist was on the loose and would pay shady underworld informants (with names like "the monk") for information to track down the dangerous entity as the incompetent police looked in the wrong direction entirely, his boss shouted at him to cover 'real' news and the city mob tried to kick his ass... eventually taking matters into his own hands and thanklessly saving the day in a nick of time... all that and wore a cheesy linen suit, straw hat and white tennis shoes (for out-running the supernatural)

just thought of this but Karl Kolchak was probably the inspiration behind Fox Mulder

kolchak3.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second time i was in college studying film/tv production and went on the show Test Pattern with big Dan Gallagher. It was on MuchMusic. I didn't win :(

That is so cool. I used to watch Test Pattern everyday. I can't remember a THING about it.

If you know when you were on, I could find the tapes for you.

oh man...that would BAD!!!

i know it was in 1989

i was actually one of the very first contestants on the show

believe i was wearing a blue/white striped long sleeve cotton shirt

short hair at the time

hmmmmm...that would be hilariously embarrassing if you did find it!