Jambands.ca

Frontier Town style QOTD May 13

Hux

What is, in your opinion, some good camping "snacks" - I'm talking non-perishable food that doesn't have to be cooked, that you would take camping, ie. this weekend to Frontier Town!!

I'm gonna have to go with:

1) smoked oysters & crackers,

2) PEANUTS!!!!!!!

Beer. Bugles. Sour cream & onion rings. Cans (remember to bring a can opener!) of lychee fruit, to have the juice mixed with vodka.*

Aloha,

Brad

* Of this I have no personal experience, but I recall people whipping this up at May CTMF last year.

Jeez Marco. Stop that!!! I am bringing a huge amount of couscous salad to CTMF. It stores well in a cooler.

Ceasars, ceasars, ceasars!

BradM, that was Mike and I doing the lychee thing last year. Thanks for reminding me to pick some up!

The great thing about CTMF is that it will have a few food vendors this year and Durham is a mere 5 minute drive away if you need perishables or replenishments (food or booze).

This whole thing about making Canned Beats a Grey County Boy, geez I don't know. You obviously didn't see last year's performance. Boogieknight, I wish you luck. Let me know when you are ready to graduate beyond your GCB status to the next level - BRUCE County Boy. When I gets better, chal-lounge! Chesley representin'

As for snacks, most of the aforementioned are delicious, however let us not forget the all-time great camping snack (for us carnivores only) JERKY. Could be the best meat you get all weekend!

Have a great time this year everyone - it was a blast last year... We're having our own version of CTMF out here in Squamish this year. I expect zany shenanigans. I'll prepare a full report, of course...

To answer the question: anything bar-b-qued

Hey Gang, I'm still trying to see what I can do to swing up to the festival, does anyone know of anyone who has some travel room for 2 super fun passangers from Ottawa up to the festival?? We don't carry much, and are more than willing to share in the expenses. Let me know!!

Boogieknight I have to agree about the SideKicks breakfast - yum, a yum, yum ....living in Grey for 2 years I'm well experienced; however, Grey will never compare to the dark-side of Bruce County!!!!!

Snacks / meals....tuna and spinach wraps -

Make your own mix by sprinkling your seasoning of choice on cheerios, shreddies and pretzels and bake them in the oven for bit.

See you all there!

This sounds strange but I highly reccomend pinnaple....apparently there is some kind of reaction in it that gives you zing.....and I have to agree...I eat it at work now when I'm feeling run-out and zing ding dang...I feel great....so good for those long party days and nights [big Grin]

Sadly and gratefully I picked a shift up on Sunday, so have a great time y'all and I'll hope for clear skies for yas.

quote:

Originally posted by boogieknight:

ps. We're thinking about making Canned Beats an offical 'GC' boy. Voting will take place after we evaluate his performance at this years event.

see ya all there!!!

Test #1: can he muster up a worthwhile county call??

Friendly, you should see the play that Charlie Glasspool made about growing up in Grey County!

fruits are perishable but they last a while, so mangos are always good. and avacados.

ont he food topic heres a good way to eat mushrooms, thats realy easy. use those mini pita things and put peanut butter in them and then put the mushrooms int hema nd then eat them and then get high. iits quite simple infact.

SMores!!!!

but made with Reese peanut butter cups, marshmellows and Dads oatmeal cookies.

oh and one bite brownies...

oh how I wish I could still eat that stuff.....damn diet garbage face.....I can barely still drink beer...my life has become so sad...slightly skinnier, but so sad...

le sigh.

Sleep and food are not necessary once you cross into Grey County. There is 'serect' power in the water. It gives all those in "GC" super human strength to consume parties and everything in them.

GO GREY COUNTY!!!!!!

ps. We're thinking about making Canned Beats an offical 'GC' boy. Voting will take place after we evaluate his performance at this years event.

see ya all there!!!

Archived